Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

First run-in with the law...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buckaye, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Buckaye

:D

Actually the officer was quite cool. I fly a lot in a subdivision that has never been built beyond just the roads - huge open field. Anyway right at the end of my second flight he drives all the way over to me, rolls down his window and says "what's going on?"

I told him - I'm just flying my quad-copter. He says "good place to do that... just had to check to see why some guy is on vacant land... have fun"

I thought he handled it with all class - and I find if you don't get pushy - the sheriff isn't out to ruin anyone's day :)

2. Monte55

I do believe the main thing to do with the law is to show them some respect and don't test their authority. You ain't gonna win.

3. Great Pumpkin

4. skysteve

This every time.. These are the guys & girls who we rely on when we are in bad situations.

5. FredMurtz

It's always good to meet the local cops and get a good relationship going with them.

6. Phantom Flicks

I am so glad you were respectful to your local law enforcement. I hate to see it, when smart azz punks, who think they're lawyers, start harassing the police. It's not like their job isn't already difficult enough. I usually try to fly, where there's little to no crowds and aren't any No Trespassing signs. I am a newbie to all this and the last thing I want, is to see my fun investment, sitting on a shelf, because too may users, have ruined it for all. Besides, the last thing we need, is to be on the bad side, of our locals finest. :D