first problem....

Reaction score
Took my phantom out this morning to do a little flying before the rain that is forecast started. Flew for about 10 minutes at a local park around a gazebo that's up on a hill. I was practicing flying around it in a circle and keeping the camera pointed at the gazebo. Did it a couple of times successfully from a distance but wanted to get in closer. While on the far side of the gazebo I lost control and my phantom started decending.....I gave it up stick and it wasn't responding....I pushed the stick all the way up and suddenly it responded and as it climbed it hit the edge of the gazebo roof and the battery ejected.... now it has no power so it fell straight to the ground. It cracked one of my prop guards and broke the tip off one prop. The battery case has some cracked plastic but it seems ok. It charged back up and snaps into the phantom as it did before this happened. I repaired the damage and turned everything back on and everything seems to work except the camera gimbal is making a noise and I get the gimbal obstruction message on my phone app. I can still record and tilt the camera. So.....can you get gimbal parts or do you have to buy the whole assembly?

From lurking around this forum, it seems the two options are to replace it all together or send it away to get repaired.

I'd check the camera/gimbal connections.
Also, does your camera look level? There's a bunch of threads on here about adjusting the sensor and securing the shaft on the gimbal motor that levels the camera. Do you think the gimbal might have separated abit?

everything looks level and it still seems to work correctly. The gimbal still keeps the camera steady as you move the Phantom around in all directions.

took it back out this morning and everything still works fine and I don't get the "gimbal obstruction" message anymore. I guess the drone fairies fixed it overnight.

Txturbo said:
took it back out this morning and everything still works fine and I don't get the "gimbal obstruction" message anymore. I guess the drone fairies fixed it overnight.
:lol:
Good to hear!
I hope to not need the drone fairies services, but you never know!

sheesh.....now I plugged it in and opened the Vision Assistant and it updated to 3.08. Now my camera is tilted at about 30 degrees. Is there a way to reset the horizon?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4