First practice flight overlooking a ship....

WOW!! Your first flight is over water around a ship. I just completed by sixth flight ( I consider a flight as one battery) and every one has been on a football field in the country LOL!!.
Nice job by the way.

Yeah no kidding... You must have ba11z of steel! Lol. Nice job! I'm actually surprised the cruise line didn't have an issue with it. Very cool though!

I think he mean't first flight of filming a ship, lol.

Because I don't remember my first flight being that stable. :lol:

UrAwFuL said:
I think he mean't first flight of filming a ship, lol.

Because I don't remember my first flight being that stable. :lol:

Yeah that makes more sense lol... Whew!

Nice video. You can see some folks on the ship towards the end of the video.

Yeah, there's something about ships that makes them attractive subjects for flyovers. Along similar lines, here's one of the first videos I made with my FPV setup. Flew right over the Queen Mary's smokestacks and a Carnival Cruise ship. :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTGu4a6MOMM[/youtube]

Nice video jflyer3 ...... beautiful the Queen Mary ....
But the killer part .... it was at the end, you hiding from the sun under the shadow of the plam !!! hahaha ;) ( undercover pilot )

Thanks for all the comments, yes first flight overlooking a ship, I kept well away from the ship I was in the little park behind the stern so I could see all the way down her port side. I had the P2 less than 2mths now, still getting use to it and still in GPS mode.

This was my 2nd, heading towards the sun didn't help and the 2nd ship was filmed when the P2 was 1km away, a nervous moment but landed with almost 40% battery left. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cGraCNQR90

Great video, love the Queen Mary, a proper cruise ship! IMHO. :)

Cheers and safe flying.

What camera settings did you use? I didn't notice any distortion above or below the horizon.

"What camera settings did you use? I didn't notice any distortion above or below the horizon."

Hi, I'm playing with 2.7k/24fps no protune at the moment, not sure if it's the best option, thx for asking, Mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.