First Posted Video to YouTube!

Reaction score
Hey guys, this was my first attempt at posting a video on YouTube from my P3A. It's just a short POI video, that I flew myself, (not with the POI function).

Hey guys, this was my first attempt at posting a video on YouTube from my P3A. It's just a short POI video, that I flew myself, (not with the POI function).

Not many lumberjacks on here. Nice first video. Enjoy your P3

Cool man! Did you do the enhancements in YouTube settings? I found that checking the stabilize and auto enhancement helps the video. Also, always upload in HD, takes longer, but looks better.

Reactions: Bonehead83
Not bad for your first one. Doing manual POI's is an art-form. I practice all the time in an open field using a chair as the POI. What often happens is you drift away from the subject, so you have to keep this in mind and give slight forward stick while giving it right drift stick. For it to look good you can never stop the yaw and side motion during the take. It's very hard to do, but with practice it becomes easier. If you stop, or the subject gets off center, the video will look amateur. I would have done this with a 25' radius about 25' high, more close up, providing a much more compelling video. However you would need spotters to make sure you stayed clear of the trees while you focus on the FPV navigation, keeping things centered, staying focused, head down. It's best to use the GO app POI function AFTER you learn how to use it. That should eliminate navigation errors and you can focus on keeping the tracker centered in the screen with less worry of collision with trees, since you can test fly it to make sure. As you get more experience, autopilot would help you shoot something like this also. That's a great application, very sophisticated.

Reactions: Bonehead83
good effort in a difficult enviorment, with them trees to fly over

Good effort.

I notice your P3 tends to drift to left, is this correct?
Next time, try to get better resolution while posting.

Cool man! Did you do the enhancements in YouTube settings? I found that checking the stabilize and auto enhancement helps the video. Also, always upload in HD, takes longer, but looks better.

That was my first video ever to upload to YouTube. I tried twice to upload another one that was longer, but both times it finished it was not in HD. They were shot in the 2.7K mode. The first one that I shared here is viewable in HD, but I could never figure out why the other one I tried was not working so I just deleted it all together.

It somehow looks to me that you could have improved the resolution of the clip you posted. Not sure where it got degraded to lower resolution.

Ah Ok. I have just been able to click the small gear at the bottom right of the video to upgrade the resolution. I don't know why the default setting in the low res.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20