First Post: How to get Video from DJI GO APP onto PC?

Reaction score
Hello all,

This seems a great place to learn more and share about our hobby. I unfortunately in a pretty annoying dilemma. I am not sure how, but somehow I managed to delete some really nice video I captured on my P3S from my SD card. The video, however, is still on my DJI GO APP in the editor. I tried to share it on there, but my only options are to put it on some sort of social media. I am currently compiling video into a movie on windows movie maker. and I want to be able to just get the video file onto my PC. Does ANYONE know how to help me here? I know its a convoluted issue, so any help would be very appreciated.

Hello all,

This seems a great place to learn more and share about our hobby. I unfortunately in a pretty annoying dilemma. I am not sure how, but somehow I managed to delete some really nice video I captured on my P3S from my SD card. The video, however, is still on my DJI GO APP in the editor. I tried to share it on there, but my only options are to put it on some sort of social media. I am currently compiling video into a movie on windows movie maker. and I want to be able to just get the video file onto my PC. Does ANYONE know how to help me here? I know its a convoluted issue, so any help would be very appreciated.
Is the tablet Android or iOS? Hook the tablet up to the PC and search for one of the DJI GO folders that contains the video cache files. If iOS, use iTunes.

Android. Where would I find this folder on the computer?
Not sure, but you have full searchability, unlike with iOS, that hides stuff from you. Look under the DJI GO app and check all the sub folders. Has to be in there.

If I understand your post, the video on your mobile will not be even close quality to was on your SD card.

ADDED:
I read it two more times, how are using movie maker which I think would only work on a pc and you want to transfer it to a pc.

If I understand your post, the video on your mobile will not be even close quality to was on your SD card.

ADDED:
I read it two more times, how are using movie maker which I think would only work on a pc and you want to transfer it to a pc.
Yeah, 720p only on the tablet. For 4K, you need the original microSD card. If you haven't already reused or formatted the original microSDcard, you can likely recover the video from there, with some recovery software. Deleting, especially if done accidentally, usually only hides the file from the card directory, but still leaves the original file until overwritten.

Android. Where would I find this folder on the computer?
You have to connect your android device to your computer with a USB cable, and search the device's contents for the dji folder.
Depending on the android device &/or the version of android, when you plug it in it may/may not automatically show up as a removable drive.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ADDED:

If I understand, he has other video that he's editing in movie maker....probably video that he had previously retrieved from his SD card.
After accidentally deleting some newer video from his card, he wants to get the 720 cached version off the device.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: kirk2579
As said before, if you haven't used (or reformatted) the SD card yet you may still be able to retrieve it. And even if you have used it there is still a chance you can recover it.
I've had good results with RecoveRx in the past:

RecoveRx - Support & Download

He disappeared.:eek:

Does anyone know how to recover the files if using a MAC?
I have a similar issue. For some reason a few of my videos are missing from the SD card and yet are viewable on ipad!
I have a MAC so would love to at least be able to use a lower res version if possible?

I don't have a mac, I would try itunes.
With a pc and using Ifunbox I think you could find them. I try and look when I get home.. Sorry, I just remembered all of my devices are to slow and I have caching off.

Does anyone know how to recover the files if using a MAC?
I have a similar issue. For some reason a few of my videos are missing from the SD card and yet are viewable on ipad!
I have a MAC so would love to at least be able to use a lower res version if possible?

Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 2.05.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 2.04.17 PM.png

I just found a solution. Plug your iPhone or iPad to your mac and go to iTunes. Click on the little phone shaped icon at top left, next to the music dropdown, (DO NOT click your device under devices). Once there, click "Apps" under the settings. Scroll the page down to "File Sharing". Click the "DJI App" that your footage was recorded under and then click "VideoCache folder". Then click "Save to" and create a folder to save it to and then just save! It'll all transfer. It's showing to be 1280x720....

Thanks Shadow House!! Thats fantastic!!!
Unfortunately the stuff I lost is no longer in the cache but great to know that it is possible! Thanks so much :)

Reactions: Shadow House
Awwww.. Hate I didn't see your question sooner! Glad I could help.

Wow, You helped somebody on your first post, you are welcome and needed here...

:cool:
Welcome to the forum!

Rod

Well Dirk, you got some competition now, Shadow is going to pass your likes, by the weekend.

Rod.:D

I'm still trying to figure out how to get an hd quality video saved that I can post to Facebook I guess the iPad won't cut it...have to blow the dust off my laptop?

I'm still trying to figure out how to get an hd quality video saved that I can post to Facebook I guess the iPad won't cut it...have to blow the dust off my laptop?

I save all mine on my pc. Just slip the sd card into the card reader slot on the pc and save to a folder or pics/videos.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl