First Pic Posted.

DPD

Reaction score
ecc319a94cafe0ff84c6b42a3b844467.jpg
Good morning fellas. This is the first picture I have posted, jpg pic, no edit. I had a ND8 on the P3P. I usually stick to video, but want to start taking more stills. I know it's not the best pic. Any advice for getting better pics? Thanks guys...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Any advice for getting better pics?

I would recommend you to put some focus on the image composition.
There are several "rules", one is called the " the rule of thirds":

Rule of thirds - Wikipedia

I'm sure you fill find many more interesting sites explaining how to composite a picture, particularly considering foreground, middle-ground and background:

Learning composition: foreground, middleground, background

there are so many good tutorials and explanations available on the i-net, just google them.

Looks great. Just keep flying and take more pictures.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

What Vichlan said and I'll add:
  • If you're shooting only photos ditch the ND filter and use a polarizer. You want the fastest shutter speed possible to eliminate any camera shake.
  • Shoot in Raw (DNG format)
  • Bracket your shots whenever possible as the dynamic range of the camera is often exceeded. Use Photoshop to combine them with HDR or by using layers. LR can do this to but there is very little control.
  • Learn to process in Lightroom or Photoshop if you have it.

Learn to process in Lightroom or Photoshop if you have it.

Since both products have their price you might start with a free available editor like GIMP

However I still recommend you learn how to composite a frame, nothing is more frustrating than editing an image at home and realizing you're not satisfied with the photo at all.

Train your eye, consider all areas of the "frame" regarding composition,from foreground to background, light and shadow.
A tablet might support you better than a cell phone.

Take your shots in "RAW' format, this will enable you " tweaking" the image later in the editor of your choice.

Phoenix area? Looks like my stomping grounds [emoji3] I just got a P3S had to send it back because of a gimabal twitch. Got the new one and the video is so much better now.
As far as your pics I would agree with getting a polarizer too. That should help and edit in PS or Gimp

Sent from my LG-H810 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Phoenix area? Looks like my stomping grounds [emoji3] I just got a P3S had to send it back because of a gimabal twitch. Got the new one and the video is so much better now.
As far as your pics I would agree with getting a polarizer too. That should help and edit in PS or Gimp

Sent from my LG-H810 using PhantomPilots mobile app

U are correct, Sun City West but close enough. I did order a CPL FILTER last night, seem like I'll be using it alot while I am out here working. Thanks for the input...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1