First Phantom video...Only my second time in the air

Reaction score
Here is the first video i did with my Phantom yesterday. Only the second time i had it up so I know I need to work on how smooth i fly it. At the end of the video i was just flying for fun and not so much for the shots LOL. Anyway helpful hints welcome but try to be nice as im new to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG7LWz0LhgA

congratz!

a few constructive tips to make videos more appealing

-try to edit your video with a editing tool (such as sony vegas adobe premier final cut istudio etc.) instead of showing raw footage with you fingering gopro.
-try to avoid sudden moves with p2 so video may look smoother as well as cooler.
-sometimes speeding down the video gives even cooler effect
-you seem to have little jello issue. if you use zenmus try to change white dampers with black ones.
-the most important for me is to have a plan. have a course in your mind and try to follow that course make it look like you have a story in your footage instead of moving around.

please note that these are not to criticize your video, consider them as tip while you are progressing.

I gotta say you have great open field to become an expert on controlling p2. myself is a city boy and desperate to find such good open field to try new things

Thanks!

I have some was going to mess with editing tonight if I have time but i just wanted to get something for the time being.
I know i need to work on the sudden moves...just going to take some time on the sticks to get used to the movements.
Right now all that was holding my Gopro is just the mount that came with the Gopro (didnt use the Phantom one)
Good point on the "have a story". I will have to keep that in mind

Also mine is just a P1.1.1 I went the cheaper route because it is my first quad
I appreciate the tips...and by no means take it as criticizing. Thank you!!

Thats only about 15 acres of the 90 acres we are on...but its nice and open and flat mowed grass. Like i said i will take all the tips I can get

See those old boats and trucks down there? Fly low and slow and and make kind of a scary sunset movie complete with scary music in the background. No need to fly so high when you have such interesting subjects down low. Keep the vid under 3 minutes. Would love to see it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20