First People Interaction

Reaction score
As I was flying my Phantom 3S in a large, open, church lt,..a car pulled up and a lady stepped up to me. She asked if that was my drone. I said yes, and asked if she was a member of the church. (I was ready to tell her I have standing permission to fly there,..granted by the church matriarch). Lady says,..oh, I love it. My son, who is special needs and 12, would like to watch. Gladly I showed them some maneuvers. Tiurns out very pleasant,..and she used to live 45 mi from where I did in California.
May all my days be this pleasant.

Good for you and them.

I don't have problems with folks either. So far all have been genuine, interested in the drone and friendly.

Thats a great interaction. Most of mine, but not all have been from curious onlookers. I get a lot of " thats cool" and "nice drone".

I had one very nasty encounter though
(flying in public park near a ball field - kids had left field , but were so mezmerized they could not stop talking about my drone - this infuriated their coach who stormed over and wanted to get into a physical fight - both hands were full - RC/ Drone - loud verbal confrontation ensued - lots of profanity , some threats by other party .That has left a bad taste in my mouth. I now clip pepper spray to my lanyard as a result.

I now have learned that if I "feel" that this type of interaction may take place I immediately fly my drone into a close hover with video recording on to capture the interaction . This would really work in my favor if some whack a doodle decides to take a swing. I suggest a similar strategy as I felt some what vulnerable with both hands full of 1 K plus of equipment.

One has to be prepared for these situations to go either way.

Wow, that's too bad. Hard to enjoy a hobby when folk act that way.

I've been told I look like a cross between Sasquatch and a Hit Man.
Maybe why folks are so nice to me. I always hoped it was my personality.

Rolls off my back. Its predictable. The ratio is currently 10:1

10 people love it while one is a complete A Hole. I like those odds.

A Sasquatch Hitman. LOL! Now that's a visual!

I had another encounter where some kids ran underneath the drone while at hover and were trying to jump up and grab it. Yeah good luck there. Then they started throwing their balls that they brought to the park at it. They were no where near close to hitting it - little uncoordinated kids for sure.. I kept yelling yeah "try and hit it I bet you cant". Those kids were running all over the field trying to hit it. I was tired just watching them.

Then hand catch so they could not grab it.

Oh , when I read the title I though that the poster had encountered some Native Indians on horseback or something. You know "First People" and all... LOL

HI, How, Are Ya - HI How Are Ya - HI How Are ya. In Indian Chant mode...

Rolls off my back. Its predictable. The ratio is currently 10:1

10 people love it while one is a complete A Hole. I like those odds.

A Sasquatch Hitman. LOL! Now that's a visual!

I had another encounter where some kids ran underneath the drone while at hover and were trying to jump up and grab it. Yeah good luck there. Then they started throwing their balls that they brought to the park at it. They were no where near close to hitting it - little uncoordinated kids for sure.. I kept yelling yeah "try and hit it I bet you cant". Those kids were running all over the field trying to hit it. I was tired just watching them.

Then hand catch so they could not grab it.

Oh , when I read the title I though that the poster had encountered some Native Indians on horseback or something. You know "First People" and all... LOL

HI, How, Are Ya - HI How Are Ya - HI How Are ya. In Indian Chant mode...
That's funny. I know what you mean tho. I metal detect at times also and if I'm at a playground or ball field and kids show up, I just leave and let them enjoy the field.

I'm not very tolerate of rude behavior from folks especially since I'm the nice guy so if it gets crowded I leave. However as I said so far all have been cordial.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl