First P3P fall experience

Have you had a drop yet?

• Yes

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 86.4%

• Total voters
Jeebus Mary and Joseph.

NBD!!! Lesson learned pick up. Practice with an inexpensive aircraft . Be careful.

I guess the so called "easy to fly" logic of modern quadcopters has brought in lots of numb's, the high purchase price sure didn't stop any !
View attachment 39111
Answer: No the motors don't stop if a prop breaks,,,,read your manual and get aquainted with the CRC motion

I think you should "read your manual" too

CSC (combination stick command) not "CRC"

Hello there.

Thank you for your response, I only started because it was a very small piece, I didn't try to fly, just trying to see if engine was working alright.

Luckily, for you, the rest of the prop was not damaged..

I guess you didn't think about the danger of another piece of prop (possibly) getting projected in your direction when you started the motors again!

You sound like a real newbie. So the advice is like what someone has already mentioned before go buy a cheap learner quad like a Syma X5C-1, learn to fly in the "hard way" (in full manual mode) for a month or two, in a large open field (not in your backyard with trees around) before you try flying your Phantom again. The prop guard is not going stop your Phantom from plummeting from the sky if you fly and crash in an enclosed place, and I am talking about finding an open field with at least 50 yard by 50 yard (or 50m x 50m in metric).

Yikes...tough crowd..lol...Thanks for posting. I made a few ******* mistakes too. As others have mentioned get yourself a cheap quad and practice. I bought a Blade Nano QX and chased the cat around the house last winter. Flying indoors with a small quad fine tunes your precision flying skills. It takes time but it's worth it. You can practice learning orientation.

I also used this flight training guide. It's basic but it works.
http://download.dji-innovations.com..._Vision_Plus_Pilot_Training_Guide_v1.1_en.pdf

Glad nobody but your pride got hurt. As someone else mentioned take your time
Cheers
Dave

Why would the price tag stop someone from getting to he hobby?

Seems like a lot of people on this thread were born with the ability to fly a drone.

Thank you for the advice, this little incident is not stopping me :)

Reactions: r.rogers8
Why would the price tag stop someone from getting to he hobby?

Seems like a lot of people on this thread were born with the ability to fly a drone.

Thank you for the advice, this little incident is not stopping me :)
yes sir we all know that and so does DJI, that's why the first time in four years I'm been flying quad's I'm stuck with all these new rules that nobody cares to obey........lol

Wow. Look, the guy made mistakes, and should have educated himself a little better but some of you on here want to crucify him. I applaud all on here who genuinely want to spread your knowledge and wisdom, I have been the recipient of this myself.
You don't need to talk down or insult people to whatever purpose. If you truly want to help, be constructive and kind. If you don't know how or don't think you should, then keep your mouth shut. I believe you will know which one you are.

Fly on leko, fly on!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Phantazmk
If your new to flying just like a lot of ppl said get a cheep quad to practice on.
But find a experienced person to fly with a few times you will be surprised what you might learn and how many crashes you will avoid.
Also take off the camera till you get use to flying it that can save you hundreds in a crash

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers