First P3 Advanced crash ... fixable?

Reaction score
Big crash today. Found my drone upside down on the motors, gimbal and camera ripped apart. Wondering if this can be fixed based on the photos? If so, who can repair something like this in the Philadelphia / NJ area? Any help is greatly appreciated.
IMG_4619.JPG
IMG_4620.JPG
IMG_4621.JPG
IMG_4622.JPG
IMG_4630.JPG
IMG_4633.JPG

Nope, doesn't look fixable. You'll need a new shell and new gimbal-camera assembly.

Nope, doesn't look fixable. You'll need a new shell and new gimbal-camera assembly.
Come on - you can fix anything but a broken heart. LOL

The question, like you say, is it worth it. Hmm, doesn't look good. And if the mainboard is bad...

See what other people think but if you sell the parts on eBay that would somewhat offset the cost of a bird, as you don't need the remote. What did you hit?

I love how wrecked the bird is but the lens is spotless

That's looks like about $400 to repair that, assuming the gimbal isn't too bad and the motherboard isn't broke. Call Mike Holt, he repaired mine in a week, it looked similar to yours. I'll pm you.

Mine cost $306 to repair, similar shape, but what saved my gimbal was the $50 gimbal guard and the$20 carbon fiber camera guard. I highly recommend those accessories because someday you're going to crash.

Last edited:
Come on - you can fix anything but a broken heart. LOL

The question, like you say, is it worth it. Hmm, doesn't look good. And if the mainboard is bad...

See what other people think but if you sell the parts on eBay that would somewhat offset the cost of a bird, as you don't need the remote. What did you hit?

From looking through my monitor, I underestimated how close I was to a telephone pole. Drifted back into it about 30 feet in the air. Probably 100 yards away over an open lagoon area.

That's about $400 to repair that, assuming the gimbal isn't too bad and the motherboard isn't broke. Call Mike Holt, he repaired mine in a week, it looked similar to yours. I'll pm you.
Ouch!!! Looks like I'm gonna buy a new one now. Then possibly get this Advanced fixed so I'll have a backup. uuuughhhh

Next time buy the Neary Aerial crash insurance...;)

+1 on getting insurance through Neary for your replacement. It only takes one crash to make your money back (and then some).

+1 on getting insurance through Neary for your replacement. It only takes one crash to make your money back (and then some).

seriously? Drone insurance? Please tell me thats actually legit.

seriously? Drone insurance? Please tell me thats actually legit.

Yup, Neary's plan is legit. It's not actually insurance, it's a service contract. You break it, they'll fix it. It's a no brainer in my opinion.

Well I just purchased another P3A yesterday. Not sure what to do with my broken one yet. Maybe sell the camera piece or remote? Send to DJI and try to have it fixed? Or keep it as an ornament? Hmmm ...

Well I just purchased another P3A yesterday. Not sure what to do with my broken one yet. Maybe sell the camera piece or remote? Send to DJI and try to have it fixed? Or keep it as an ornament? Hmmm ...

My remote controller is broken because my lanyard clip (Space One FPV lanyard bought on amazon.com) broke while i was walking with it busting up my remote and my ipad. Let me know if you want to sell your remote to me, assuming that works.

Space One FPV lanyard broke and trashed my RC controller and iPad

Yeah give me a few days to think it over. How much do remotes sell for anyways?

Yeah give me a few days to think it over. How much do remotes sell for anyways?
They sell for about $200 shipped on eBay. I was hoping you could sell it to me as a forum member for $150 shipped. PM me if interested.

Update 2/9/16 : Since the crash, I decided to try and fly my crashed P3A today (check photos on 1st post). Well it actually starts up and fly's around like it did before it crashed. I did a bunch of pans, yaws, up/down ... etc. Seems to respond like it did prior. It also holds position too. So it looks like its fixable? Just need the camera and gimbal attached again. Should I still send it to DJI? I already bought another P3A. So a long waiting period isn't a big deal.

Reactions: streetdept

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31