First over-water flight today!

Reaction score
I've had my vision for over a month now, but today was the first time over water (I'm in Colorado, so there isn't much of the stuff). I also buzzed the local Canada geese. :) Today was also my first use of NAZA-M mode, and I did a successful failsafe test using the S1 switch. Watching it land automatically was really, really cool.

The video is up here: http://youtu.be/UuGkI2tOFbw
Odell_20140116_0012.jpg

First, nice post and water shot. Very cool

Second, nvr2fst, think about drinking decaf - the last two new posts were you bitching about posts. Not sayin'... just sayin'... Be a little tolerant and everyone will be happier. Having a sword hanging over one's head when posting absolutely sucks. Give it a break.

ladykate said:

Second, nvr2fst, think about drinking decaf - the last two new posts were you bitching about posts. Not sayin'... just sayin'... Be a little tolerant and everyone will be happier. Having a sword hanging over one's head when posting absolutely sucks. Give it a break.

Uh.......................................................................................no

Nvr2fst said:
ladykate said:

Uh.......................................................................................no

Ok. I've put you on the foe list. Sayonora puppy.

Dammit Dammit Dammit :cry:
How will I ever get along Katey knowing you are not reading my insightfull posts.
You sure showed me.
But I know better......
I am like the Howard Stern Show......you just gotta see what I say next........so I don't really believe you blocked me.
But it will be our little secret....ok hun. ;)

Just thought I'd join in on the fun. To spare the wrath of Nvr2fst, I won't start a new post. :)

Had my first flight over water today as well, helping someone with a short film project. Scary, but as I read elsewhere on this board - the PV doesn't know it's over water, only the pilot does.

Attachments

• bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 512
:D Yes....lets not expose ourselves to Nvr2fst's wrath. :D

GOOD JOB by the way!
Nice pic too.
Would like to see more of the bridge though.

Tripnman said:
Had my first flight over water today as well, helping someone with a short film project. Scary, but as I read elsewhere on this board - the PV doesn't know it's over water, only the pilot does.

Very nice picture...

I see you're "Northern California"... that wouldn't be the Tower Bridge in Sacramento, by any chance? If so, and you're local to that area, I thought I might let you know of another phantom pilot down in Stockton... just getting his first few flights in...

rotation said:
I see you're "Northern California"... that wouldn't be the Tower Bridge in Sacramento, by any chance? If so, and you're local to that area, I thought I might let you know of another phantom pilot down in Stockton... just getting his first few flights in...

Good eye, Rotation. Yes it is. Took off from Old Sac and went out over the river to get a long pan of the bridge. When you're ready, head out to the Port of Stockton. If you can avoid the security, I bet there's some great shots of the tanker ships to be had.

Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone!

Next time, point me in the direction of the appropriate thread or sub-forum and I'll gladly post my drivel there. My intent was to share my experiences with the other adults in this forum.

Tripnman said:
Just thought I'd join in on the fun. To spare the wrath of Nvr2fst, I won't start a new post. :)

Good use of light - that was an excellent shot. It is gray and crappy where I am - have to dress things up in post just to find color somewhere ;-}. Loved it.

ladykate said:
Nvr2fst said:
ladykate said:

Ok. I've put you on the foe list. Sayonora puppy.

ditto

ladykate said:
Good use of light - that was an excellent shot. It is gray and crappy where I am - have to dress things up in post just to find color somewhere ;-}. Loved it.

Thank you. Taken during that magic hour before sunset and we've been blessed with record high temps and clear skies for a week. This was a frame-grab from a video segment, if I were shooting just the bridge it would have been framed differently.

Looks like you're at about 6ft of altitude in your shot, Phantasmic. Need to get some air under your bird. :)

If that's your boat, I'm happy to start zipping under, over and around the bridge - with you on standby to fetch if something goes wrong. Heh. Since there seems to be so many reading this that are familiar with the Sactown area, here's another capture from last night's segment showing downtown. I'm working on getting permission to fly from the helipad on the top of 980 9th Street - the tall beige building just left of center - That will be amazing.

And I'd rather be flying in Colorado with the OP... Looks like beautiful country.

Attachments

• Sactown.jpg
    Sactown.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 380
Tripnman said:
Looks like you're at about 6ft of altitude in your shot, Phantasmic. Need to get some air under your bird. :)

If that's your boat, I'm happy to start zipping under, over and around the bridge - with you on standby to fetch if something goes wrong. Heh. Since there seems to be so many reading this that are familiar with the Sactown area, here's another capture from last night's segment showing downtown. I'm working on getting permission to fly from the helipad on the top of 980 9th Street - the tall beige building just left of center - That will be amazing.

And I'd rather be flying in Colorado with the OP... Looks like beautiful country.

Man... you guys keep showing me the quality that's possible with the P2V camera and giving me a whole new hobby to cultivate along with RC flying. Beautiful stuff...

-slinger

Phantasmic said:
gunslinger said:
Man... you guys keep showing me the quality that's possible with the P2V camera

Lest there be any confusion, my photo was not taken with the P2V camera.

OH! I was talking to just the other guys... :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Actually I thought yours was too, and it's still kickass no matter what you took it with... )

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31