First negative neighbour experience....

I have only had the curious! But the state of the community about our quad's has had me thinking? So i Bought a Muvi HD and will just clip it on my shirt. I also drive about 30,000 miles on the LA freeways so i thought i would hang it on the dash. 139.00 is a good price for insurance.

"If I'm not mistaken, here in the US it's a federal offence to interfere with the pilot of an aircraft. The feds want to treat us like an airplane or helicopter, the same protection laws should carry forth."

The above snippet refers to the fact that the FAA has determined our UAVs are "aircraft" and we are the operators or pilots of the craft. It is a Federal offence to interfere with the operation of an aircraft.
If the FAA says we are "aircraft" in order to legislate our hobby, they damned well better offer us the same protections other "aircraft" are entitled to as well.

And yes, we are all pilots:

pilot

Also found in: Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
pi·lot
(pī′lət)
n.
1. One who operates or is licensed to operate an aircraft in flight.
2. Nautical
a. One who, though not belonging to a ship's company, is licensed to conduct a ship into and out of port or through dangerous waters.
b. The helmsman of a ship.
3. One who guides or directs a course of action for others.
4. The part of a tool, device, or machine that leads or guides the whole.
5. A pilot light, as in a stove.
6. A television program produced as a prototype of a series being considered for adoption by a network.
tr.v. pi·lot·ed, pi·lot·ing, pi·lots
To serve as the pilot of (a plane, for example).
2. To steer or control the course of: piloted the visitors around the city. See Synonyms at guide.
adj.
1. Serving as a tentative model for future experiment or development: a pilot project.
2. Serving or leading as guide.
I'm pretty well versed in the English language. It was not a personal attack. Read the OP, I stand by my original statement that most of the folks flying quads are not pilots from a federal standpoint. Thanks

I'm pretty well versed in the English language. It was not a personal attack. Read the OP, I stand by my original statement that most of the folks flying quads are not pilots from a federal standpoint. Thanks

Ok. As someone well versed in the English language then you will be familiar with the many definitions of the word "pilot."
Anyone who pilots a drone, boat, plane, barge, rocket, shuttle, ferry, balloon, hang glider, parasail, or moon lander is a "pilot."

If you are arguing that most drone pilots are not airplane pilots, then use those english skills to define exactly what you are trying to express.

Thanks!

Ok. As someone well versed in the English language then you will be familiar with the many definitions of the word "pilot."
Anyone who pilots a drone, boat, plane, barge, rocket, shuttle, ferry, balloon, hang glider, parasail, or moon lander is a "pilot."

If you are arguing that most drone pilots are not airplane pilots, then use those english skills to define exactly what you are trying to express.

Thanks!

Time out. :)

Sounds like you both know what you're talking about. I'm not sure how this got sideways. Maybe it didn't and it's my imagination.

There are rules and regs in place which "Theoretically" protect us all. When it comes to a flying machine and it's operator, they become the responsibility of the "FEDS". This can work for or against us as Drone operators. Do things right and you've got back-up. Do things wrong and you've got a "**** Storm" headed your way.

These are just my thoughts put on the net for the world, the crazy wild *** world, to see.

And yep, AirApparent, I agree with you. Most folks aren't pilots, they are &%(#$*) #($)#0 and I feel very uncomfortable watching them put a piece of machinery in the sky. It's like handing a "BLANK" a switchblade and then expecting them to be able to do surgery... :eek:

But, and it's a big but, here we are. I'm trying to cope with stuff I couldn't have imagined 10 years ago. Hey, lookie there, it's a stairway off of my pile of soap boxes.:)

Later.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Thanks for the like GoodnNuff, I thought I might be on the right track. :)

Reactions: bimmy
I've had days like that, maybe the negative neighbor was having a bad day too. :eek:

Reactions: bimmy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20