First NAZA M flight - bad news

Reaction score
Since I was anticipating using IOC since I forever lose the orientation of my Phantom 2, I switched from Phantom to NAZA mode. I have had several successful flights, but am no "expert", and only one bad crash.

I calibrated the compass first, and set it to GPS mode. My first (and only) NAMA flight, I took off, went to about 20 meters high, and 30 meters in front of me. Then I turned the Phantom "around" so it was facing me. I switched to LH and then LC. I pulled the stick BACK, expecting the drone to come towards me, but it went left AND LOST ALTITUDE and nearly crashed before I gave it full throttle and barely kept it off the ground. At this point, and full throttle, it barely hovered, and I finally got it to limp back closer to me, where I landed.

I thought NAZA was going to be great, but this has shaken me. I have switched back to Phamtom mode, but have not yet gone out again.

Can anyone tell me where I screwed up? Why is there no "power" to go up? What have I done wrong? Help!!

Did you maybe accidentally put it into manual mode?

probonic said:
Did you maybe accidentally put it into manual mode?

Agreed. When you said you switched to HL, you did that with the left hand switch correct?

If you moved the right hand switch to the bottom instead you may be in manual mode.

I have stayed away from manual mode - sounds like a nice way to crash to me :) I have used IOC several times and it's fantastic.

Newbie here as well, when setting up for NAZA mode you must go to advanced and change the S1 position 3 to failsafe, the default setting is manual mode.

plantman said:
Newbie here as well, when setting up for NAZA mode you must go to advanced and change the S1 position 3 to failsafe, the default setting is manual mode.
default setting is GPS, atti, atti

IOC checkbox in advanced only affects the left hand switch.

The Right hand switch is GPS, ATTI, ATTI by default but can be changed to GPS, ATTI, Manual or GPS, ATTI, Failsafe in the Basic tab.

Yes, the right hand switch was "up", in GPS mode. The left hand switch is what I ysed to select HL and HL.

Are there other setting I should change when NAZA-M is selected? My concern is that there seemed to be NO GAIN of the throttle - I help the throttle (left) stick all the way up, and the drone stayed where it was, then SLOWLY started to rise. Are there settings somewhere and instructions for those setting?

Thanks

I have gone for more flights in Phantom mode, and everything is OK.

If I change to NAZA mode (again), is there any other settings I must change?

Thanks for your help. Yes - right switch UP for GPS, left switch for HL and HC

Bob

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik