first movie .. help!

Reaction score
this is my first effort with a vision+, movie maker and audacity. any thoughts on where i'm going wrong much appreciated from a novice. thnx, [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEhW__BOeIY[/youtube]p

For the most part, this is some stunning footage. If you're just looking for some general advice, I did notice a few things that stand out to me:

First, I would avoid using shots where you pan one direction and sweep back the other direction. Try to keep your shots fluid, moving from one direction to another. Reversing direction mid-shot is a little awkward.

Secondly, while the audio is awesome, I found it a little harsh switching between cuts. I caught myself thinking that it would be way less distracting if it were one continuous backing track.

Third, I might ask what the purpose of the video is... Are you selling a property, or renting it out? As a viewer, although I enjoyed the sights, I couldn't tell if the video had a story to tell.

I envy your location. What you have is beautiful. I'm currently stuck in below zero weather in the midwest with not much more than naked trees to shoot. Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20