Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

first movie .. help!

Discussion in 'Editing (Photo and Video)' started by jpdeacon, Nov 7, 2014.

1. jpdeacon

this is my first effort with a vision+, movie maker and audacity. any thoughts on where i'm going wrong much appreciated from a novice. thnx, [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEhW__BOeIY[/youtube]p

2. AmazingRando

For the most part, this is some stunning footage. If you're just looking for some general advice, I did notice a few things that stand out to me:

First, I would avoid using shots where you pan one direction and sweep back the other direction. Try to keep your shots fluid, moving from one direction to another. Reversing direction mid-shot is a little awkward.

Secondly, while the audio is awesome, I found it a little harsh switching between cuts. I caught myself thinking that it would be way less distracting if it were one continuous backing track.

Third, I might ask what the purpose of the video is... Are you selling a property, or renting it out? As a viewer, although I enjoyed the sights, I couldn't tell if the video had a story to tell.

I envy your location. What you have is beautiful. I'm currently stuck in below zero weather in the midwest with not much more than naked trees to shoot. Good luck!