First long distance test

Reaction score
Stock Phantom 2/H3-2D/ImmersionRC600w/Black pearl using all stock antennas.

At an altitude of about 70 meters made it 2,048 meters until I chickened out. Video was starting to get a little choppy. It was EXTREMELY windy and didn't want to rely on fail safe to bring it home.

Once I put the helical and the IBcrazy antennas on this I have no doubt it could double that.

So how far will this stock DJI transmitter work?

Thanks,
Landon

Xanadu said:

At an altitude of about 70 meters made it 2,048 meters until I chickened out. Video was starting to get a little choppy. It was EXTREMELY windy and didn't want to rely on fail safe to bring it home.

Once I put the helical and the IBcrazy antennas on this I have no doubt it could double that.

Thanks,
Landon

Stock controller is good for 5000m.

Went back out and got to 2500M and it went into fail safe. I was standing next to my truck so that may not have helped (it was holding my Black pearl as the bracket I ordered is taking a month to get here).

Xanadu said:

Thanks,
Landon
When did you order your black pearl and from where? It sounds like they improved it if you got 2000m stock.

Rangevideo.com, and yes still have the original omni antennas on both sides. I just got 2500M this evening, the stock Phantom 2 transmitter gave out before the video did. I was standing next to my truck so I think that may have attributed to the failsafe. I'll happily get you some photos if you want.

-Landon

Maxxborg said:
5000m. No way?

Well here's my flight at 4500m:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aZlZx4QFTI[/youtube]

and there is another member on this forum that claims 6000m

All stock controllers. ;)

Xanadu said:
Oh wait, forgot to mention that I ordered about a month ago.

incredible, most people cant get more than 500m with everything stock on the BP and IRC600. Maybe you got a good one, I ordered my BP same place same time also. What's the terrain you are flying over?

2trickpony said:

This is freaking nuts!

I see that you have the Immersion 5.8GHz 600mW Tx - What is your Rx? Is it some crazy setup? I have this FPV solution from Helipal: http://www.helipal.com/storm-all-in-one ... eluxe.html
I start to static and crap out after like 1000ft distance, with BlueBeam antennas. I'd be happy with the advertised 500-800M range they say but I'm not even coming close to that. Would I benefit from the Immersion Tx? Would that even work with my LCD Rx? Am I doing something wrong? Where do babies come from?

Awesome flight. How were your nerves?

poostik said:
2trickpony said:

This is freaking nuts!

I see that you have the Immersion 5.8GHz 600mW Tx - What is your Rx? Is it some crazy setup? I have this FPV solution from Helipal: http://www.helipal.com/storm-all-in-one ... eluxe.html
I start to static and crap out after like 1000ft distance, with BlueBeam antennas. I'd be happy with the advertised 500-800M range they say but I'm not even coming close to that. Would I benefit from the Immersion Tx? Would that even work with my LCD Rx? Am I doing something wrong? Where do babies come from?

Awesome flight. How were your nerves?

I use the ImmersionRC 5800 Duo Diversity receiver with 1 Blackhawk Micro helical and 1 Nimrod antenna.
My video far outperforms the controller range now.

tawd77 said:
Awesome range! I would suggest having your roof replaced soon though. lol ;)

LOl, its just the coating that has weathered, the concrete tiles are fine !!

What did you use to overlay your Flytrex info into your flight video?

I've seen a few different videos with overlays but they all look different or contain different data.

A quick search brought me to DashWare . . . is that what you used? I assumed Flytrex came with something to do that, but I'm starting to believe it's separate.

Sorry. Flytrex noob here. Thinking about ordering.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl