First Litchi waypoint mission

Nice. I want to have my first mission up and down the block I live. Any advise on typical mistakes to avoid?

The one mistake that I made, but recovered from, was not to know how to cleanly turn OFF the Litchi mission in flight so that I could take control of my Phantom 4 and fly it manually.

Litchi missions are flown in "P" mode. Turn to "S" mode, to cancel the mission and it is yours to fly. Look up in Litchi instructions to VERIFY. I know, this is basic, but it happens to all of us sooner than later. Two days ago I flew a 25,531' mission. Nice.

At first, fly very short Litchi missions then increase footage as you gain experience and confidence. Oh, obviously important, verify your altitude settings for each waypoint before flying. Set altitude high 200-300+' to ensure that you clear all obstacles known or unknown.

Good luck and read the Litchi instructions at least 3 times and you are GOOD TO GO.

Last edited:
Nice. I want to have my first mission up and down the block I live. Any advise on typical mistakes to avoid?

One thing I'll change next time - I was overly conservative on speed, I set a 10mph cruising speed (ended up being 7mph in-flight, not sure why). That turned out to be too slow when watching, so I sped up the video.

Thank you for your inputs. Reading Litchi manual, there are 2 things that must considered. One is the altitude setting for each waypoint is relative to HOME altitude, not current drone altitude. Two is if you specify turns to be curves vs. straight lines, all the actions associated with waypoints are ignored.

Reactions: JCS9118
I'm just learning missions myself, but so far so good. The 3-4 I have done have been great and everything worked perfectly.

One important thing to note is that you (after a recent app update) can set your waypoints to "above ground level" using the batch editor function. This is really important in hilly areas. The app downloads elevation data from Google Earth. It is nerve-wracking to fly over and around hills but it has worked perfectly for me.

I'm just learning missions myself, but so far so good. The 3-4 I have done have been great and everything worked perfectly.

One important thing to note is that you (after a recent app update) can set your waypoints to "above ground level" using the batch editor function. This is really important in hilly areas. The app downloads elevation data from Google Earth. It is nerve-wracking to fly over and around hills but it has worked perfectly for me.

That's interesting to know that the AGL settings work- Pretty much flat ground where I live and haven't had a chance to go anywhere and use it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl