First list from a newbie

Reaction score
A few questions from a newbie....

1. Is there any danger in overheating the motors? I've got three batteries and I like to fly until I've used them up so I play it safe and fly each one for about 15-18 mins before landing and swapping out..

2. I've had two crashes...both due to pilot error. In one the craft props came into contact with the foliage of a tree. I can see green stains and nicks on the blades so I replaced them. Question is now do you know when a blade is damaged to the point where it should be replaced?

3. Any estimates on how many hours you can put on the motors? Does anyone keep spares around just in case?

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

May make a difference where you fly on hot motors. In California they may get hot. Here in Michigan, no problem, too cold all the time. I have run two batteries back to back and did not find motors other than warm. Never read where anyone burned one up with constant flying.
Just tree or leaf green stuff can be cleaned off your props. ANY nicks, bends, or deformities, get rid of it. Not worth the chance of using it.
Read somewhere about 80 hours. But many have more hours on motors. Just depends if you fly in the sand or dirty locations.
Spare parts: If I could afford it, I would have four motors, four ESC, and a shell on hand. Just so I would not have to wait weeks for replacements if there was a problem.
....And welcome to the forum.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20