First Level Protection / Second Level Protection Settings

Reaction score
My phantom one is dying (auto landing) after 5 minutes of flight :( I am using a 11.1v 2200mah lipo and when I plug my phantom into Naza it says my current voltage is 12.6V. My first level protection (no load - 11.55v) and second level protection is (11.10v) is this normal or did I somehow mess up the default settings? I am very new to lipo so any help would be appreciated.

Re: First Level Protection / Second Level Protection Setting

What do you have mounted on the Phantom? (gimbal, camera, osd, FPV, etc)

Is that 12.6v when you first plug in a fresh battery? What's the voltage after you land?

Your no load settings are to high. Set you first level to 11.10 no load - 0.50loss - 10.60loaded, sec level 10.9 no load 0.50 loss -10.40 loaded. Provided it's not loaded with gimbal, FPV etc...

ryanm123 said:
My phantom one is dying (auto landing) after 5 minutes of flight :( I am using a 11.1v 2200mah lipo and when I plug my phantom into Naza it says my current voltage is 12.6V. My first level protection (no load - 11.55v) and second level protection is (11.10v) is this normal or did I somehow mess up the default settings? I am very new to lipo so any help would be appreciated.

We need to know the loaded voltages for your LV alarms, NAZA doesn't do anything with unloaded. Also need your AUW and loadout.

OI Photography said:
What do you have mounted on the Phantom? (gimbal, camera, osd, FPV, etc)

Is that 12.6v when you first plug in a fresh battery? What's the voltage after you land?

12.6v is fresh out of the charger.
My phantom auto landed itself at 11.5v (Naza's Current Voltage"

ElGuano said:
ryanm123 said:

We need to know the loaded voltages for your LV alarms, NAZA doesn't do anything with unloaded.

I tried to understand how to find the loss etc… can anyone dumb it down for me?

ryanm123 said:
ElGuano said:
ryanm123 said:

We need to know the loaded voltages for your LV alarms, NAZA doesn't do anything with unloaded.

I tried to understand how to find the loss etc… can anyone dumb it down for me?

Ignore unloaded voltage. Ignore line loss. These don't matter at all to the NAZA. The only thing that matters is the loaded voltage. What is your level 1 and 2 loaded voltage alarm set to, and what is the takeoff weight of your Phantom?

FIRST LOADED 11.55v
SECOND LOADED 11.10v

I don't have anything set for LOSS

ryanm123 said:
FIRST LOADED 11.55v
SECOND LOADED 11.10v

I don't have anything set for LOSS

Great. Your low voltage alarms are way too high. If you land at red flashes, you're probably using 30% of your available capacity. I'd recommend:

Low voltage level 1:
10.6v no load, 0 line loss, 10.6v loaded

Low voltage level 2:
10.5v no load, 0 line loss, 10.5v loaded.

Make sure you land very shortly once you see the low voltage level one flashing red. That'll give you a lot more flight time and use up your battery to the recommended 80% discharge.

Okay! Thank you very much. I will try this and let you know how it goes. I also just ordered a gimbal so I'll be back to figure out how to set that up soon! You guys are the BEST!

ryanm123 said:
Okay! Thank you very much. I will try this and let you know how it goes. I also just ordered a gimbal so I'll be back to figure out how to set that up soon! You guys are the BEST!

Glad to be of help, safe flying out there.

Worked great! Got a 11:55 flight with an empty GoPro housing attached. Thanks a lot! :D :D :D

ryanm123 said:
Worked great! Got a 11:55 flight with an empty GoPro housing attached. Thanks a lot! :D :D :D

Hmm, no thumbs up icon, I could have swore there was one here :)

Remember though, with these settings, you have much less time to get back on the ground after the LED starts flashing red. I would not wait until level 2 kicks in, I'd plan to be back before level 1.

Yes, I've been landing it right when the first indicator comes on. I installed the gimbal today with no issues "idk how". :mrgreen:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4