First Interference on wifi ..

Reaction score
Hi all,

Went to fly round a conference venue today but the phone or ipad couldn't 'stick' with the wifi hotspot created by the V+.
Got very confused as to why it would see the hotspot, but always got the' annoy connect to wifi' error.

Got it home and it worked fine.

Anyone help out on what I can do to help minimise this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leighk said:
Hi all,

Went to fly round a conference venue today but the phone or ipad couldn't 'stick' with the wifi hotspot created by the V+.
Got very confused as to why it would see the hotspot, but always got the' annoy connect to wifi' error.

Got it home and it worked fine.

Anyone help out on what I can do to help minimise this?

OK. I'll bite since no one else has...

You phone/pad is automatically disconnecting from the Phantom network and connecting to what it thinks is a "better" WiFi connection. My Android phone did the same thing. When the phone connects to the Phantom network, it sees that there is no internet access so the pnone goes searching for a WiFi connection that has internet and automatically connects, dropping your phantom connection. Not a good thing when you're trying to fly a quad. Change the WiFi settings on your phone to stop this.

Thanks for biting.
So why does it connect ok at home when there is a much better connection there and no 'known' wifi out and about ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leighk said:
Thanks for biting.
So why does it connect ok at home when there is a much better connection there and no 'known' wifi out and about ?

You got me there. But try what I said and let us know.

Going back there next week and will spend an hour or so trying to work this out.
Might be if use to some people at some point.
Will post my findings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.