First impressions

Reaction score
I received my P4P a couple of days ago. I have nothing else to compare it with as I've never flown anything before. The beginner mode was a great help, especially in the windy conditions. After the 3rd flight the beginner mode was turned off....Wow! It's so fast and so controlled, it just stops dead in the air. The footage that can be captured looks awesome, but to be honest I've spent more time looking up at the drone than I have looking at the display. As I get more familiar with the controls I'll start capturing and posting some footage.

Thanks for all the great info on this forum!

Sam

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Tomas Wangen
Best Wishes.

Congrats on the new drone. I found it helpful to use course lock while in learning mode. Lets you pay more attention to stick inputs and aircraft response regardless of where you are in relation to the aircraft or where the aircraft is pointing in relation to you.

I'm brand new also. Never flown yet. Still reading and studying for FAA Certification.
I have successfully updated the remote and bird.
I'm curious to know which add on display works better with the remote and communications.
iOC or Android? The box the P4P came in said works best with a whole list of Apple products exclusively.
THank you. THis forum will be very useful.

I'm brand new also. Never flown yet. Still reading and studying for FAA Certification.
I have successfully updated the remote and bird.
I'm curious to know which add on display works better with the remote and communications.
iOC or Android? The box the P4P came in said works best with a whole list of Apple products exclusively.
THank you. THis forum will be very useful.

I found the iPad mini to work best for me.
Tried a bunch of Android products and then eventually just coughed up and bought the iPad. Best thing I did.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: mzim
I use mine with Iphone 6s plus and Ipad air 2 and it works fine with both devices. Havent tried it yet with another type of device, but I have seen some crashing complaints with android, in which Litchi and Go Pro 4 crashes.

Reactions: mzim
Thank you for responding......I am brand new at this and like to "do as the romans do" so to speak.
Is your iPad Air 2 activated on a cellular network? Or just reliant on GPS and Wi-Fi?

I found the iPad mini to work best for me.
Tried a bunch of Android products and then eventually just coughed up and bought the iPad. Best thing I did.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Is your iPad activated on a cellular network, THANK YOU.... (New to all this)

Its a wifi only iPad Air 2, I run it in airplane mode while connected via thunderbolt to the P4P controller. This ensures the minimum amount of emissions from it.

Its a wifi only iPad Air 2, I run it in airplane mode while connected via thunderbolt to the P4P controller. This ensures the minimum amount of emissions from it.
Don't you mean connected via USB/Lightning? I also use an iPad Air 2 but just turn WiFi and Bluetooth off when flying. I also have it dedicated to P4P and only have the Go 4 app installed. Less chance of another app crashing it (Pretty unlikely anyway).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj