First Impressions of the Zippy 2800mAh Lipo

My question, is anyone outside the USA using maddogs? I would love to get my hands on a bunch but shipping is crazy and not really worth it for a small order. If I buy 6 maddogs I have to pay $150 shipping..

Anyone in Aus. doing or know of anyone doing bulk orders I could jump in with to save shipping?

jmack_89 said:
My question, is anyone outside the USA using maddogs? I would love to get my hands on a bunch but shipping is crazy and not really worth it for a small order. If I buy 6 maddogs I have to pay $150 shipping..

Anyone in Aus. doing or know of anyone doing bulk orders I could jump in with to save shipping?

International shipping can be a huge barrier. My general advice is to look at the specs of the battery. Unless you KNOW the battery is some kind of high-rate, new chemistry lipo, what you're looking for a is a ~2700mah pack with dimensions close to 105x35x27, and a weight of 190-205g. Those are the hallmarks of a "true capacity" 2700 battery.

There are a number of them out there other than Maddogs in EU, Asia and Oceana, but the problem there often isn't much hard data out there about how they perform. Maddogs have been out on the market long enough and have enough pickup where there's a lot of quantitative testing and comparisons available to search out.

I've had pretty good luck with these http://www.banggood.com/2700mah-25c-11_ ... 89640.html

They're slightly smaller than Maddogs. The ad says 210 gm. but my two actually weigh 205 gm. They cycle pretty close to 2700 mah and give me a little over 2 minutes improvement in flight times compared to the stock 2200 mah battery.

They may not be quite as good as Maddogs since some have reported that Maddog's true capacity is better than 2700 mah, but they're not bad. With free shipping from Banggood they should be affordable for someone in Aus.

I haven't tried Maddogs yet but plan on getting a couple in the spring.

Hi Joe,

If you're getting ~20% increase from a 200g battery, you're doing well. I wouldn't expect the mad dogs to be any better than that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl