First hand catch

Reaction score
Did my first hand catch yesterday because I was stood in a field with long grass. I will always use this method from now on as it was easy to do.. Just need to get my self a lanyard for my controller.

Did my first hand catch yesterday because I was stood in a field with long grass. I will always use this method from now on as it was easy to do.. Just need to get my self a lanyard for my controller.
I always hand catch too because I don't like landing my bird on the grass and soil. It kicks up dust and grit and may damage the glass on the filter. I'm pedantic when it comes to keeping my glass clean and spotless.

Get the DJI inspire 1 strap. It's really good.

Reactions: lotusteve
Hand catching is the way to go - only way to land in high wind IMHO. Living on the OBX, a notoriously windy place, it's doubled the number of days I can take pics.

My brother got a P3 this summer and always hand catches it. I got one 4 days ago and am doing the same. I just feel a lot safer getting it in my hand rather than worrying about it somehow tipping on the ground or the lens getting damaged.

I am always sure to keep my arm in front of my face and the props above my head as I walk to grab it though, just in case it does something funky.

I got a neck strap in the controller yesterday and it's great for hand catching. Just let the controller rest around your neck after cutting power so you can deal with the phantom.

I always worry that even with the lanyard that the weight of my ipad mini is going to fall out of the mount and smash on the ground.

It can. Hand launching is more difficult then hand catching/landing.
Hand catching can be dangerous, so tread cautiously. I do it when in sandy, muddy or unstable areas. I use a quick disconnect lanyard to hold the RC and either do CSC and full throttle up or Auto-take off from app which gives you a few seconds delay then full throttle up while bird leaves other hand.
Here is the lanyard that I've found works best for the P3 controller. It's not heavy or bulky like the inspire harness. It also has quick disconnect which comes in handy when hands are full...
Space One FPV Neck strap Lanyard for R/C https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UM6TR4C/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_udTgwbG38Y0Q6

Hand catching can be dangerous, so tread cautiously. I do it when in sandy, muddy or unstable areas. I use a quick disconnect lanyard to hold the RC and either do CSC and full throttle up or Auto-take off from app which gives you a few seconds delay then full throttle up while bird leaves other hand.
Here is the lanyard that I've found works best for the P3 controller. It's not heavy or bulky like the inspire harness. It also has quick disconnect which comes in handy when hands are full...
Space One FPV Neck strap Lanyard for R/C https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UM6TR4C/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_udTgwbG38Y0Q6

Dont you mean LAUNCHING?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj