First flights

Reaction score
After much waiting for Christmas it arrived. phantom 1.1.1. Dual antenna,self thigh tightening props, gimbal tilt lever.

First attempt at lift off tilted forward and crash. No damage.

Second attempt (added more power) perfect lift off and great flight. Flew around for 12 and landed nice and easy. Second flight perfect. Took it around the soccer field to get use to the orientation and went to different altitudes. Landed just as soft as the first.

Next profile is to add a GoPro case to see how if any changes to the flying. We will update.

Great bird way better than expected.

awesome! glad you are enjoying it!
Word of caution though, it is real easy to get too comfortable and do stupid stuff.

Hi everyone, just got mine for Christmas. I got the propeller guards on a deal through Amazon and after thinking about it thought I would put them on since I have them. Boy was that the right decision. First liftoff tipped over, propeller guards prevented any damage. Second liftoff was smooth but I was doing it all in my living room. Went well and I was getting used to the controls. Added a gopro and got some neat inside video. Decided to put the gopro in it's sturdy case and take it outside. I guess with that case I needed to lift off quicker due to the added weight cause it did tip but took off on the second try. Got some neat footage but the copter lost altitude and crashed into the snow from about 25 feet up. Looks like the battery went out but there were no red light indications. Luckily it was undamaged cause it went into the snow but brought it back in, and flew it through inside a couple times and confirmed there is no red light indication of the battery running out. This has me scared to take it outside because I'll have no indication of the battery dying. Gotta do some reading and look into this. It's very cool though.

Punisher said:
Hi everyone, just got mine for Christmas. I got the propeller guards on a deal through Amazon and after thinking about it thought I would put them on since I have them. Boy was that the right decision. First liftoff tipped over, propeller guards prevented any damage. Second liftoff was smooth but I was doing it all in my living room. Went well and I was getting used to the controls. Added a gopro and got some neat inside video. Decided to put the gopro in it's sturdy case and take it outside. I guess with that case I needed to lift off quicker due to the added weight cause it did tip but took off on the second try. Got some neat footage but the copter lost altitude and crashed into the snow from about 25 feet up. Looks like the battery went out but there were no red light indications. Luckily it was undamaged cause it went into the snow but brought it back in, and flew it through inside a couple times and confirmed there is no red light indication of the battery running out. This has me scared to take it outside because I'll have no indication of the battery dying. Gotta do some reading and look into this. It's very cool though.
Your phantom being new it should already be configured but I would check in the naza assistant to make sure every thing in the voltage alert section is correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runnerman said:
Your phantom being new it should already be configured but I would check in the naza assistant to make sure every thing in the voltage alert section is correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't, Protection switch was set to OFF. It works great now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj