First Flights

Reaction score
Okay hi guys, just got my one yesterday, and the first flights were done today, and as an experienced rc helicopter pilot I was very impressed with the GPS ATTI, ATTI and RTH modes on the Phantom. I chose to swap over to the Naza M mode, to suite my flying ability.

Winds here were from 8 -12mph and GPS ATTI was super accurate and it really did give me the confidence to take my eyes off the Quad and use my phone to focus on the shot or video. ATTI was nice an predictable, and the RTH was just excellent.

The only problem i have had today, is I can't get my gimbal level, it always has a slight offset angle. So the horizon in video and especially still shots when in a stable hover are not straight at zero degrees of elevation. Even on a flat level ground the gimbal has a tilt on it, I did all the compass and IMU calibrations before flight, and the flight was super smooth and accurate.

I am hoping there is some way of re-calibrating the gimbal, but i can't seem to find any instructions on that in the manual, or i am blind.

Did a quick search on the thread but didn't see anything.

Picture attached, and you can clearly see the tilt on the camera!

DM (Happy as a flying pig :) )

Attachments

• DJIP2VPGimbalIssueMay2014a.jpg
    DJIP2VPGimbalIssueMay2014a.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 246
Others have had this same gimbal problem......don't remember the resolution, but page through the threads. Glad to hear everything else is working great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers