First Flights and Thoughts

Reaction score
Ordered on 4/27 and it was delivered a few days later on 5/02. I ordered directly from DJI and did not experience any bad service from them at all. Almost cancelled order from them after reading comments on here.

Started flying a little last night and then some more this morning. Getting used to the controls already. Very easy to control and maneuver. The controls are a little sensitive. Is there a way to tone them down slightly so they are not so responsive when making turns?

http://youtu.be/qHSQS-SQY1s

http://youtu.be/CWZBY3CPTo8

A couple of my first videos. Amazing stability in 15mph winds. That has to be the most impressive part to me. You can see how strong the wind is as the flag is pretty much straight out. I did notice some jello artifacts in the video but only when facing the sun. Assuming that is caused by the shadow of the blades above on the camera? Someone needs to make a circular polarity filter for these cameras. Would also help protect the native lens as well.

Looking forward to many more flights.

Ordered a third battery and the new Tradecraft case today.

Anyone have a way to charge these babies a little faster? Without destroying them?

Hello,
I have a P2V, but you can reduce your gain settings a bit, to smooth out controls!
You have to hook to PC Assistant, under ( BASIC Tab ) and ( GAIN SUB-Tab )
Here you can change gains ( at least on P2V ) NOTE: make small adjustments at a time,
Test fly, make another adjustment, ect. Till you get desired results!
( lower settings= less movement ) when Tx stick is turned
( higher settings= more movement ) when Tx stick is turned

Hope this helps, take care, Fly Safe!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Thank you Jerry. I saw they were at like 120%. What do you have yours set at? I just noticed that all my video(that I edited out) was really jerky when I would pan left or right. Same as when I would attempt turns. I did notice that I started to get the feel of it later in the day as I continued to practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MurkyThud said:
Ordered on 4/27 and it was delivered a few days later on 5/02. I ordered directly from DJI and did not experience any bad service from them at all. Almost cancelled order from them after reading comments on here.

Started flying a little last night and then some more this morning. Getting used to the controls already. Very easy to control and maneuver. The controls are a little sensitive. Is there a way to tone them down slightly so they are not so responsive when making turns?

http://youtu.be/qHSQS-SQY1s

http://youtu.be/CWZBY3CPTo8

A couple of my first videos. Amazing stability in 15mph winds. That has to be the most impressive part to me. You can see how strong the wind is as the flag is pretty much straight out. I did notice some jello artifacts in the video but only when facing the sun. Assuming that is caused by the shadow of the blades above on the camera? Someone needs to make a circular polarity filter for these cameras. Would also help protect the native lens as well.

Looking forward to many more flights.

Ordered a third battery and the new Tradecraft case today.

Anyone have a way to charge these babies a little faster? Without destroying them?

What post video editing program did you use? I noticed you have zero barrel effect on your video, did you remove that in post edit? Thanks

I just used iMovie. There was plenty of barrel effect when panning the camera up and down. I edited most of those portions out though. I know now to keep camera in one position then edit the position with cropping or Ken Burns.

Eventually I will get back into Final Cut but iMovie is so stupid easy that unless I needed special effects only available in Final Cut or After Effects, I might as well take the easy road.

Truth is this thing takes pretty good video so no special effects are necessary. BTW this video was shot in 720 60 fps cause I wanted to see that flag in slo mo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes,
Practice , practice, practice! That is always the best formula!
My gains are currently set at default, as I'm not much of a photographer, or videographer!
I have contemplated turning them all the way up, switching to manual mode, and performing flips,
And barrel rolls. I'm waiting for my P2V+, then I'll get a bit more serious!
I personally think, it is a bit of both ( pilots flying style ) and ( gain settings ) you may have to adjust both a bit,
I found the more I flew, the smoother I got, I always fly little sequences, to challenge myself, like flying circles, keeping camera on me, different flight orientations, fly camera away from me, fly camera facing me, ect, figure 8's, all kinds of little challenging things,like landing on my riding mower, flying between and around a group of trees! All this will improve your fly fluidity, response time, accuracy, judgement, ect!

Looking forward to your future works, keep up the great work, and again,
Thanks for sharing!

Take care, Fly Safe!

Here is a cool video: ( flips/rolls )
http://youtu.be/xJZrxMh11xA

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads