First Flight

Reaction score
After my first flight I was expecting my video to automatically upload to my mobile device & the DJI Go App. However it did not. Any suggestions on why not and possible settings I may have set incorrectly? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did you have video cache set to recording .
IMG_5016.PNG

I'll check it tomorrow dirkclod. I'm not sure. Thanks for the reply. [emoji106]

The video that appears in the app is a recording of your live view. In order to view the actual quality video, you have to get it of the sd card.
If you have your bird and controller and iPad all hooked up you can actually do the transfer wireless, but it takes forever
If you are using an iPad you can use this
https://www.amazon.com/Lightning-to...=1468567076&sr=8-2&keywords=Lighting+to+usb+3
If it's an android just load your card into a reader and plug it in

The video that appears in the app is a recording of your live view. In order to view the actual quality video, you have to get it of the sd card.
If you have your bird and controller and iPad all hooked up you can actually do the transfer wireless, but it takes forever
If you are using an iPad you can use this
Amazon.com: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter: Computers & Accessories
If it's an android just load your card into a reader and plug it in
I didn't know you could do this.... How do you transfer the video from the SD card in the P3 to the iPad / PC / Mac wirelessly? I've done a search and although people mention they're doing this, nothing on how you do it.

I didn't know you could do this.... How do you transfer the video from the SD card in the P3 to the iPad / PC / Mac wirelessly? I've done a search and although people mention they're doing this, nothing on how you do it.

You hook everything up, bird , controller, tablet.
Turn everything on and make sure all is connected. In the go app you go to your editer or what ever they call it where u can view your videos. In the top right hand corner there is a button to access the sd card in bird go to it select video and hit the download button. It will start to download, takes forever and everything has to remain on and connected the whole time.

Reactions: Numone
I'm sorry I misunderstood what he meant . To have it in the go app you have to be recording and have that on in the app and video and all pictures
are saved as long as you give it time to sync .
But if your not recording it don't save it to the Go app .
I think .

You hook everything up, bird , controller, tablet.
Turn everything on and make sure all is connected. In the go app you go to your editer or what ever they call it where u can view your videos. In the top right hand corner there is a button to access the sd card in bird go to it select video and hit the download button. It will start to download, takes forever and everything has to remain on and connected the whole time.

Thanks very much Jdhill! It's good for a field solution with all the kit up and running. But I'll stick to getting home, popping the SD card out and uploading to the PC at 35mb a second!

Dirkclod, I checked and "video cache" is set to "record". I was thinking the video off the Birds SD card would be auto downloaded to my device (iPhone 6 plus) as well so I could edit my video in the DJI go app editor. For some reason that didn't happen with my first flight and video. Is this device resolution specific? I have a 6 Plus which doesn't support 4K which is what my first flight was recorded in? Do I need to change something in the birds video settings to get it to auto download to the DJI Go app video editor? Thanks for any responses. I'm new at this

That I don't know Beam . The only thing I thought you could edit in the Go app was what it stored in that cashe .
I'm still learning this app also .
Now if that ..video cashe..was set to record I would think it would be in your Go app and is on my mini so maybe
it is device specific . I dono, sorry .

Ok no problem dirk. Thanks for responding. I'm thinking because I recorded in 4K, it won't auto upload to the video editor in the DJI Go app on my 6 Plus because the 6 Plus doesn't support 4K videos or pictures. I may be wrong. It simply could be an incorrect setting. I'm still learning. Lol

I have never shot anything more than in 1080 beam .My PC can't deal with it .I thought about it this evening to try and see
if my mini would with the cashe video in 4K but didn't have a chance to get out .
I think I will set it up in the house in a bit and see if it will .
Buddy I will always be learning with this thing . I'm still being showed stuff I didn't know is in that app . :)

OK beam . I just tried this inside .Now I just have the P3 4K so our screens might be different but I set mine to video in 4K
4k.PNG Then I walked around a little and stopped .Went to cashe and there it was 4kk.PNG .
Now if I was to put that card in my PC I couldn't see it .Now I don't know what my mini is showing me that in but I just learned something new now :)
lol

OK beam . I just tried this inside .Now I just have the P3 4K so our screens might be different but I set mine to video in 4K
View attachment 59872 Then I walked around a little and stopped .Went to cashe and there it was View attachment 59873 .
Now if I was to put that card in my PC I couldn't see it .Now I don't know what my mini is showing me that in but I just learned something new now :)
lol
Isn't the cache vid always recorded in 720p?

That without reading at the moment I don't know.
You might be correct on that Numone . Might be why
I can see it on this mini.

Which mini do you have dirk. I'm looking to pick one up anyway. I need to get one like you have. Lol

That's really strange. I have mine set to the same resolution dirk. But on my 6 Plus in the DJI Go App video editor I get a message that says on my device only 720p or 1080p videos can be downloaded.

Which mini do you have dirk. I'm looking to pick one up anyway. I need to get one like you have. Lol

Just a Mini 2
That's really strange. I have mine set to the same resolution dirk. But on my 6 Plus in the DJI Go App video editor I get a message that says on my device only 720p or 1080p videos can be downloaded.

I haven't seen that beam but I am not downloading anything but a few pictures to my mini .Not video . I have mine where it saves it when I am videoing .
And like Numone said above you , what I'm seeing in the cashe video though shoot in 4K I might be only seeing in 780 .
Still looks good on Mini :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31