First Flight

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi all,

Newbie here, just got my hands on the P3A and took my first flight yesterday. Ive been flying quadcopters for approximately 6 months, so pretty new to all this.

Photography is my passion and really excited about the new avenues that opens up through the use of the Phantom. Never really experimented with video either, so looking forward to the new challenge!

Heres a few clips from the first flight - advice/ feedback welcome! Need to experiment with settings more, especially shutter and colour. Also appears that the horizon is off at certain points - is this a common incident? This video was from just the one flight.

Good job! Nice editing too! Enjoy and fly safe!

This video is great!! You picked a nice spot, that is interesting to viewers but with few hazards. I am brand new at this. What did it feel like to see your drone disappear into the sky? I noticed you had the camera down and got some nice shots, but I'll bet that helped you navigate. You said you have been flying 6 months. Where did you go to practice flying. And how much area would you recommend a beginner to practice in? I have an area outside about 15 x 15 ft. That I practice in. Had 3 crashes due to wind gust. How much practice with navigating in wind do you need to be skilled enough to get nice scenery shots like you did? Very nice job!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi! Thanks - appreciate that! The first time sending the Phantom up was pretty scary - didn't realise how high up I really was, untill looking up and seeing the quad as this tiny dot in the sky (Was only 86m high though!)

Yes been flying quads 6 months approximately- first few months with just a little Hubsan, which allowed me to get used to flying quads before moving onto a small FPV set up. Was flying this indoors in a sports hall. This is what I believe has really helped with the first flight of the Phantom. Takes a while getting used to being able to navigate via a screen.

On my first flight of the P3A I wouldn't attempt in a 15 x 15ft space - having a nice big open field really really helps. Takes away the stress of having to make micro adjustments when the wind takes hold. And I would also advise if you have never flown quads before to ignore trying to take 'proper video/ photos' - get a hang of flying your Phantom first.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You inspired me to get out. Here is my first flight posted on you tube. Just as I was sending my drone out over the water, fear started to take over. I guess I'll get used to it as time goes by. I also tried adding titles in iMovie. It's a program that came with my computer.

@ TheHearsonator. It's been awhile since you posted this nice, first video. I have spent my free time learning to fly. I have been a little over a month now. I am wondering how you like the Litchi App? Is it a one time purchase? If you use an iPad for the controller and an iPhone for FPV, do you have to pay for the App on both. I see you can use a Mac computer to create way routes? Do you need to pay for that too? How do you like using the new App? Also, post your next video, we all want to see it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31