Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

First Flight

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by Tony B, May 12, 2016.

1. Tony B

first flight.... tomorrow LOL Re read the manual several more times did the update dang that constant beeping was driving me crazy, played around with the simulator, I have been flying drones for about a year.. well the cheap ones from costco LOL, go that set up the way i like it..

Bummer the SD card I got did not work same specs as the 8gig just says invalid card.. got to figure that out..

The phone came broke one of the screws broke off...and so i ordered a metal version hopefully better !

I got the DBS mod in today also going to fly it tomorrow stock kill the batteries and then do the mod..

I think thats is for now... just play around with the app and figure things out, oh i will do my compass calibrations before flight set my RTH... think i may use that checklist !! oh yeah put on the props LMFAO.

Wish me luck !

2. JamesG2571

Good luck!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

3. Squirrel!

Don't need the DBS mod. I got over 8000' bone stock. These aren't distance machines. If you want distance, setup a waypoint mission using Litchi.

4. Tony B

Well let me say that was pretty fun, the P3S flies just like any quad i have flown but better, more responsive, and quicker. I took it out about 1100ft and lost my nerve so I brought it back home and got used to the controls. I did find that my iPad air 2 while tethered to my iPhone via bluetooth the quad does not like it at all !!! but no big deal worked around it.

I did the update last night. The mobile device holder that came with it, in the package came broke so I ordered another one other then that pretty sweet rig !!!

I currently live in central Ca. where I'm at is know as the salad bowl, and i had the quad so far out i was looking at the farmers picking strawberries. Moving back to New York next month will be fun to see home from a different view point !!

5. BrAinZ

I just posted a new thread about that, sounds like the same issue as yours. Weird that some people seem to use the two together, but looks like ours dont,

6. Tony B

don't really need to have an active connection unless you are going to use the follow me... if thats the case I can just use my iPhone 6plus and since its smaller that feature will work better with my phone.

7. Tony B

Just burned through the batteries again LOL this time just getting comfortable with the controls, sure is an upgrade from a cheap drone !!

question I hear when it is hovering above me or close to me a whistle sound, not rotor wash but a high pitch whistle, I'm thinking the gimble ..?

8. Tony B

9. BrAinZ

I've never heard of Silicon Power brand, I always tend to use one of the well known memory brands, and also always buy from a proper source, far too many fakes floating around.

Can the Phantom cope with a 64gb card?

10. Tony B

yeah the phantoms max out at 64 gig, can't get this card to work at all.. formatted, partioned, changed the file system identical to the 8 gig card that came with it

11. Mark The Droner

There was a thread in another forum just yesterday I believe and somebody posted his whistle turned out to be bad bearings in a motor... so be wary...

12. Procharged97

I had the same SD card issue with my standard, the one that came with it worked but I bought a bigger gig card of the same brand and boom error...tried 4 other cards and same thing...started searching around and saw that theres quite a few people with that issue in the standard...the only brand card that works for mine (and a lot of others) is the Samsung EVO...$20 for the 64gb card @walmart.com.... try it out..if it doesn't work for you just return it...walmarts good like that!

13. Tony B

so if it were to drop from the sky would dji cover it?

14. Tony B

sweet heading there today will pick one up, thanks

15. Mark The Droner

If the craft is under warranty, and it can be determined that a motor failed, I suppose they would.