First flight

Reaction score
Hey guys so ive been out a couple times today and am happy to report that my expectations have definitely been exceeded!

I got some great video even with the overcast today but i am having problems playing the files on my laptop. Ive tried quicktime vlc and movie maker.

It only works in movie maker after i process the video so im not sure if its my laptop or what the problem is. Basically its very choppy video. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hey guys so ive been out a couple times today and am happy to report that my expectations have definitely been exceeded!

I got some great video even with the overcast today but i am having problems playing the files on my laptop. Ive tried quicktime vlc and movie maker.

It only works in movie maker after i process the video so im not sure if its my laptop or what the problem is. Basically its very choppy video. Any ideas?

Thanks
Highflier, check the video size. Probably set in 2.7K. It will only let you output the original in what your laptop will support, which I suspect is 1080p. You can adjust that in the app for when recording. To get your videos from today, you will need to plug into the computer or put the SD card into a computer that supports 2.7K. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Highflier, check the video size. Probably set in 2.7K. It will only let you output the original in what your laptop will support, which I suspect is 1080p. You can adjust that in the app for when recording. To get your videos from today, you will need to plug into the computer or put the SD card into a computer that supports 2.7K. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Ahh of coarse i cant believe i forgot i have a 2.7K camera now haha thanks!
Any chance you know of a program that would be better for a lower spec laptop for video editing? Movie maker seems to be a bit much as well as coral 7. Hmm might need a desktop yet...

Try recording in 1080p or maybe 720p if your laptop has bad specs (post them here, maybe we can see if it should be working) or if cost is not too much of an issue, get a decent desktop with a decent GPU.

@HIGHFLIER. If I know I want to be able to output it right then, I have been putting it to 720p for my iPhone and 1080p for my iPad. Both are ok, but after doing a few of them, I have found I like the 2.7k and I just downgrade it in iMovie if I need to and wait so I can post edit better.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

@HIGHFLIER. If I know I want to be able to output it right then, I have been putting it to 720p for my iPhone and 1080p for my iPad. Both are ok, but after doing a few of them, I have found I like the 2.7k and I just downgrade it in iMovie if I need to and wait so I can post edit better.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Ya i guess i basically want it so i can quickly and easily watch the file from any device and edit it so it looks like 1080p works best.

Also this morning i saw on my Note 4 that a bunch of videos from the phantom are on it. Didnt know that was a thing! haha pretty handy tho.

I did a lot of reading before my phantom showed up but it seems there is lots to discover still

Also this morning i saw on my Note 4 that a bunch of videos from the phantom are on it. Didnt know that was a thing! haha pretty handy tho.
You must have the Cache Video option on. Those are low-res copies of the FPV stream.

You must have the Cache Video option on. Those are low-res copies of the FPV stream.
Ya i looked into it. Thats a nice feature.

So the furthest out im able to get is 1324 feet it also usually loses signal around 300 feet up although i have gotten to 385. The controller seems to lose signal very easy maybe i have it in the wrong direction but im thinking im just going to order some sort of aftermarket antenna. Does anyone have any suggestions?

My first edit:
sgdAqy6.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik