First Flight!!!!

Reaction score
So I unboxed it and put everything together, charged my battery, connected camera and all that last night. I really had to resist the temptation to take it out and give it a shot but I behaved. When I plugged phantom in to update firmware nothing happened. It wouldn't let me calabrate my Tx or anything else. When I connected the cam and scanned Qr code I was able to link the cam and got it working but the only wifi connection I saw on my phone was the Phantomxxxxx, not the other one.
I took it to a field today and got the camera connected and engines started to take off. I goosed it and up it went just like it was supposed to . I flew it around for a while and got a feel for controls. I didn't want to go much farther than 100 yds or so but man it felt great. Got a little test video and then it starts to rain dammit! Cut my flight time short but I can't wait to do it again. Thanks to all of you for your patience and support!!

I do have a couple questions

1. How come I only saw the phantomxxxxx network and not the other? Camera and FPV work great?

2. Why did nothing happen when I plugged phantom to computer? I clicked the Phantom button up top and a pop up came up saying please connect controller. Also I couldn't get it to calibrate Tx controls. Nothing happened when I clicked start.

3. I bought a spare battery in a different transaction through Amazon which stated it was for the phantom 2, it fits and is the same amperage and mah but it's a different model number. Is this a problem?

733496-5200mah- is the spare one I bought separately on Amazon and the other is the PH2. Do I need to send the non ph2 one back?

ccase39 said:
I do have a couple questions

You wouldnt be here otherwise :lol:

ccase39 said:
1. How come I only saw the phantomxxxxx network and not the other? Camera and FPV work great?

Not sure what you mean, there is only one network that will show and that is the SSID of the camera, this is shown on the camera itself.

ccase39 said:
2. Why did nothing happen when I plugged phantom to computer? I clicked the Phantom button up top and a pop up came up saying please connect controller. Also I couldn't get it to calibrate Tx controls. Nothing happened when I clicked start.

Did you install the USB drivers from the DJI download page , most miss it so dont feel to bad if you didnt its called DJI WIN Driver Installer and is available by clicking this link

ccase39 said:
3. I bought a spare battery in a different transaction through Amazon which stated it was for the phantom 2, it fits and is the same amperage and mah but it's a different model number. Is this a problem?

DJI have an issue with "other batteries" and can block them with a software upgrade, however that isnt my field of expertise so someone else will answer that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl