First flight

Reaction score
I finally got to fly today after all the rain

I notice that maybe 15 feet off the ground hover was ok but it would slowly drift away some times no wind btw

Any advice maybe need to do the advance calibration again ? I don't know

I had like 8 satellite connections

Thanks guys for great advice from experts

With a GPS lock it should stay within circa 2.5 metres horizontal and circa 0.8 metres vertical with no input.

Is it outside these limits?

Did you maintain a GPS lock?

Can you say that in feet or inch
And by gps lock when I did phantom dance it was blinking green only then when I start motor start flying it was one green blink one red blink

Should I recalibrate remote I mean I did it before and it all center green when it was drifting slow one way I didn't wait to see how far it would go drifting

Iabove said:
when I start motor start flying it was one green blink one red blink
This means you only had 6 satellites. The lights will blink green only if you have 6+ satellites.

Was the S1 switch in the top position? If it was in the middle position, you were in ATT mode. That could explain the slow drifting.

How far was it drifting?
A little is normal but it's hard to comment when we don't know what yours is doing.
If you have a P2+ you should be able to see the number of sats in the app.

msinger said:
Iabove said:
when I start motor start flying it was one green blink one red blink
This means you only had 6 satellites. The lights will blink green only if you have 6+ satellites.

Was the S1 switch in the top position? If it was in the middle position, you were in ATT mode. That could explain the slow drifting.

Wait maybe because I was recording after I took off

There was power lines about 50-80feet from my hovering point and home
I just wanted to get a feel for it maybe 10min flight

All the switches was all up
I have put my phantom in naza mode but my switch was in GPS mode

jerrymac12000 said:
Vertical .8 meters equals 2.7 feet
Horizontal 2.5 meters equals about 8.5 feet.
less than this
I am on PV+
But I didn't look at te sat when it was in the air I kinda had to a feel for the control

Another thing how can I make sure where my home lock is where will it show me on my phone
And let's say its wrong can I manually put the fix point of home lock

By the way I'm using a iphone 4 not 4s
Seem to be ok but what the hell would I know is this the only thing I have around that I can use at the moment

Dji never got back to me on what might be some issues I might have with using iphone 4

Thanks in advance

Home point can be recognised on your phone as bying the centre of the radar image on your phone app.
Home point is initional set at the place where you start up your bird when you allow it some time (few seconds) after it has lock sufficient satelates. Afterwarts (when flying) you can re-define homepoint manually; see manual.
Recently (after latest Dji app udate) there is also the possibility to use a dynamic home point. The phone with the app will than be your homepoint, which will move together with the movement of you phone. You find this as a possibility you can select within the setting of the app.
Regards FA

aartsf said:
Home point can be recognised on your phone as bying the centre of the radar image on your phone app.
Home point is initional set at the place where you start up your bird when you allow it some time (few seconds) after it has lock sufficient satelates. Afterwarts (when flying) you can re-define homepoint manually; see manual.
Recently (after latest Dji app udate) there is also the possibility to use a dynamic home point. The phone with the app will than be your homepoint, which will move together eith the movement of you phone. You fing this as a possibility you can select with in the setting of the app.
Regards FA

Thanks alot

Not sure about others, but I find that the more satellites I have, the less drifting(no wind). 6-8 satellites is where I get moderate drifting, 10 and above and the quad is almost rock still.

Jstic said:
Not sure about others, but I find that the more satellites I have, the less drifting(no wind). 6-8 satellites is where I get moderate drifting, 10 and above and the quad is almost rock still.
That will be the case for everyone. The more satelites the more presice the bird will know its exact position and the better it will be able to maintain its position. [emoji4]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik