First Flight!

Reaction score
First flight Phantom 3 Std. Wow! Only 4 minutes, in beginners mode. Winnipeg, Manitoba. 0 degrees Celsius, very cloudy. All went well. Oh, I forgot to turn on video!!
Probably won't fly again til March. Should I charge battery? Its around 80%.

Need a tablet for sure! and definatly a sun shield.

This is so Awesome!

Robert Cook

The battery will automatically put itself into storage mode after 10 days (by default). So no need to worry about it.

First flight Phantom 3 Std. Wow! Only 4 minutes, in beginners mode. Winnipeg, Manitoba. 0 degrees Celsius, very cloudy. All went well. Oh, I forgot to turn on video!!

This is so Awesome!

Robert Cook
Choice all day best from nz flyer

LOL, I did exactly the same thing on my first flight today (forgot to press record). I wish there was a setting that would automatically start recording when you take off.

Congrats on your first flight! Never store your battery fully charged Robert. Your battery will automatically discharge to 50%-60% for storage(long term, will drop in 10 days, GO default setting) I usually fly down to 20% then charge to 50% till the day I fly then charge to 100%.

I am going to get Litchi soon. No rush, won't be flying for about 2 months.

Wouldn't a 60 Chinese tablet work, assuming the specs are similar?
I just spent 600 on my drone plus a few extras. don't really want to spend more than $140 Canadian.

I am going to get Litchi soon. No rush, won't be flying for about 2 months.

Wouldn't a 60 Chinese tablet work, assuming the specs are similar?
I just spent 600 on my drone plus a few extras. don't really want to spend more than $140 Canadian.

Research your apps that you might be interested in getting. Some are only available in iTunes and other in Andriod. I would also research or watch complaints about bad Wifi Strength.

This is so Awesome!

Robert Cook
Very exciting to fly for the first time! I personally found my Note4 phone to be worthless to see from (even with a Hoodman aviator hood it was difficult). That made me very nervous to fly when I left beginner mode. What really gave me the confidence to fly high and far was a set of FPV goggles. Using both Headplays and Flysight SPX02, and now I LOVE to fly.

You will love the video when you get it.

Good luck, fly safe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4