First Flight...Yipppe!!

Reaction score
I did it. Actually three in a row. Perfect. After reading and reading here and elsewhere. No issues. Here are some questions, I can't figure out:

1. How do you turn off that ANNOYING low batt klaxon?
2. Camera worked great, except one one of the flights the media got corrupted and would not play. Thoughts?
3. It SEEMS that the gimble did not keep my horizon line perfectly level when turning left/right. do I need to re-calibrate or something?

Thanks for the help?

1. How do you turn off that ANNOYING low batt klaxon?

Why it is a very good safety warning.

2. Camera worked great, except one one of the flights the media got corrupted and would not play. Thoughts?

Did you stop recording before you turned off ?

3. It SEEMS that the gimble did not keep my horizon line perfectly level when turning left/right. do I need to re-calibrate or something?

Sound like you are in FPV mode in the app?

:D
Congratulations! Pretty easy when you know what you're doing.

Klaxon is your low battery warning. You can turn your volume down if it bothers you.

If you turn off the bird before stopping your video, the file doesn't finish writing. You should be able to recover it by starting everything back up and turn video on and back off.

In your camera settings you'll want to turn off FPV. That will keep things more level.

Happy flying!

I don't think you have to turn the video back on. Just put the MicroSD card back into the Phantom and power up with the battery so the video file can finish closing. Shut down the Phantom and the video should be fine then.

All correct and now I have corrected the issues. Like crack coke. I love this thing!!! BTW, I have seen conflicting opinions on the charging the batts..Whats the deal?

I think the main concern is storing them fully charged. Some have reported batteries swelling.

The contacts should be cleaned occasionally.

Don't store them (or your bird) in a hot vehicle. ;)

Idbird said:
I think the main concern is storing them fully charged. Some have reported batteries swelling.
FYI, the most recent battery firmware will start discharging the batteries after 10 days.

So? What do you care? My opinions Didn't say anything about how it flew did I? You work for DJI? My opinion was based on what I have seen...the craft and that awful launch Period. I had a deposit at AV Drones and I got it back. Feel better?

I was just curious to find out that you hadn't flown and are a rank beginner.
Your Inspire posts came out extremely opinionated for someone with that level of experience.
Now I know how much to be influenced by them - (not at all).
Thanks for enlightening me.

Sorry. Rank Beginner? you don't know who I am or what I have flown (I have years of experience flying fixed wing crafts). Besides, my opinions (and the options of many others here on the Inspire) are based upon the same knowledge, e.g., The Press conference, that awful 'behind the scenes ' piece and the video and specs on line on the DJI website. Thats what my posts were about...opinions based upon what is known about the Inspire and its shortcomings. I made no comments about how it flies etc., My opinions are based upon published facts.! If you know something that we don't know about this craft that please enlighten us...we are all ears!

I was curious if you are flying the new version of the Phantom V+ or the earlier version. If its the newer version I was wondering how many satellites you are getting.

DL that great GPS app which showed 7. By the time I was flying it was up to 11!! The area is a wide open RC Air park ( I flew my fixed winged stuff there for years) anyhow at one time at was up to 12 i think. No, its the newest version PT2+ v3 I think the box said. Went thru the set up and upgrade as detailed here and it worked perfectly!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20