First flight without houses everywhere...

Reaction score
So this morning I had the opportunity to head a to a park that I have never visited near my house today. It is a water park-soccer fields- baseball fields-nature trail kind of park. I was able to go 4400ft (was furthest point(P3S)with absolute zero signal drop but big highways surround the park so I wasn't leaving the area. (I know this distance is nothing special, certainly with my mods... but it was so fun!) This was also the first time I've been able to fly the drone not over houses, since I have owned it. Flew through two batteries today and got some pretty decent footage with the polarized lens on it! Here is a picture of the baseball parks (everything else I got was video haha, Ill upload one later once I edit it a little, a lot of pointless flying in most the videos haha)

DJI_0013.JPG

Below is a picture of the park from a map perspective and I was able to fly the entire perimeter without turning my controller once, just stood in the shade in the furthest north-eastern corner and hit the perimeter!
(black circle is where I stood, blue line is general fly course)
parkmap.jpg

Pretty decent flight! Just curious about two things:

1.) What lens did you get and where (and do you like it)?

2.) Are you on 1.6.8? If so, did your video feed get choppy at any point?

I have the Polar Pro Lens 3-pack (They are the slip on for the standard model) Polarized, 2-Stop and a 3-stop.

I am running 1.6.8 and no the video doesn't get choppy. During a 5-8 minute flight you might see 1-2 video skips(that don't last even a second)

I have the Polar Pro Lens 3-pack (They are the slip on for the standard model) Polarized, 2-Stop and a 3-stop.

I am running 1.6.8 and no the video doesn't get choppy. During a 5-8 minute flight you might see 1-2 video skips(that don't last even a second)

Oh, gotcha,Target just started selling DJI and we got these in (I believe that is the ones your talking about, I saw them today):
PolarPro Phantom Standard Filters - Black (P8001)

Yea...those work for sure. All the polar pro stuff, if labeled for standard... works for standard... Dijipower on the other hand (best buy stuff) you have to double check...

Yea...those work for sure. All the polar pro stuff, if labeled for standard... works for standard... Dijipower on the other hand (best buy stuff) you have to double check...

I bought those ones from best buy that were labeled "all Phantom 3 and 4 models" to find out they didn't fit.

Is the park with the disc golf course in Naples?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I haven't been to Naples in 10 years, but I remember a park there with baseball fields, and disc golf in the woods.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
This park hasn't been there more than about 5-6 years. Hmmm... Not to many parks in Naples either. I don't recall any with anything more than nature walks in the woods let alone some type of sport haha. I was born and raised here... Naples is one of a kind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic