First flight with the P3P in 4k

i was hoping someone else would ask but **** it... whats a histogram?

Something that looks like this

histogram_en.jpg

It allows you to see your highlights midtones and shadows of a given image on a graph. Picture may look bright on your new AMOLED Tab S screen, but the histogram will show that it is, in fact, slightly underexposed. And vice versa.

Reactions: passive jay
Thanks for posting trying to make up my mind whether to buy a P3.
Seems to be an issue with the horizon not being level. Took some screenshots and added a straight line.
You can calibrate and level the gimbal in the P3 pilot app.

I love the video and the altitude you were at looked perfect for capturing such an amazing landscape. What was your altitude for most of your flight? and I too was looking to see if I could find you on the ground to get an idea of how far you sent the P3 from you.

You can calibrate and level the gimbal in the P3 pilot app.
I had my maiden flight today and while it felt stable. It also felt hesitant while gaining altitude. A bit odd feeling compared to the p2v+. Anyway that's something to get used to and/or a setting.
What concerned me was the horizon being off. I have not calibrated the gimbal and I while try that tomorrow but take a look at a frame for a video and a picture. The picture's horizon is not straight but the frame from the video is. Same flight seconds apart. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-01-21-37-51.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-01-21-37-51.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 481
  • Screenshot_2015-05-01-21-37-30.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-01-21-37-30.png
    3 MB · Views: 429
I had my maiden flight today and while it felt stable. It also felt hesitant while gaining altitude. A bit odd feeling compared to the p2v+. Anyway that's something to get used to and/or a setting.
What concerned me was the horizon being off. I have not calibrated the gimbal and I while try that tomorrow but take a look at a frame for a video and a picture. The picture's horizon is not straight but the frame from the video is. Same flight seconds apart. What do you guys think?

Thats not looking too good - both of them aren't level even though the one to the right is close. What I noticed in the 1st posted video is the horizon is off but it varies. Sometimes its close to level and sometimes its quite off. So maybe thats the same issue you have.
Nearly all videos I've viewed from the P3 are not level. I hope that once you calibrate the gimbal this will go away.
Please do post your results!!

Thats not looking too good - both of them aren't level even though the one to the right is close. What I noticed in the 1st posted video is the horizon is off but it varies. Sometimes its close to level and sometimes its quite off. So maybe thats the same issue you have.
Nearly all videos I've viewed from the P3 are not level. I hope that once you calibrate the gimbal this will go away.
Please do post your results!!
So I did the gimbal calibration and it did nothing. I held up something flat in front of it and it wasn't level. I messed with the roll gimbal settings and I got it straighten out but those settings are weird. I adjusted it to -. 03. Does anyone else have this problem?

I am curious why there is so much shake/strobe/jitter and blur while yawing even slow with 4K. 30 FPS should be enough or at least smoother than what I am seeing. Those clips would be unusable IMO. Shutter speed the issue? Would ND filter resolve? Thx.

Well here is the first flight with my P3P. The experience was awesome, I love it in every way, it is so responsive and is it me or is it quieter? Anyways, then there was the rendering part in Adobe Premiere Pro. I had to tweak it out but I got it working, the files are beast with 4k. To render this video, it took 3 hours! No music, no effects, just the video. Mind you that I have a PC with 3.6 processor, 16GB ram and an i7. Now I think it is time to get an SSD. Over all, I am very impressed with it, my only concern is the distance, I know I will want to go further

Nice video.. Might try giving the camera a -1/3rd to -2/3rd exposure compensation. The P3 seems a bit overexposed.. The clip when your moving low across the grass is nice.. You got some motion blur in there.. where you using an ND?

Nice video.. Might try giving the camera a -1/3rd to -2/3rd exposure compensation. The P3 seems a bit overexposed.. The clip when your moving low across the grass is nice.. You got some motion blur in there.. where you using an ND?
Yeah, I wasnt familiar with the settings yet. No filter, this was out of the box, first day I got it

WOW! You really took her for a ride.... I thought 60m was far! :) Did you use RTH to bring her back? I would get lost.
I'm sure I will get better with time....
Just can't imagine going that far out.

So here is where I maxed out. take into consideration that I was in my condominium complex with objects all around me and I was able to get past around 4000 feet out (it was already on its way back when I took the screenshot. I cannot say enough about this new phantom, it rocks

Once you lose signal, all of your distance and altitude disappears

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-02-18-35-43.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-02-18-35-43.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 466
One thing I enjoy about what people are now filming (old school term) is what we are now seeing from around the world, not just relying on Google Earth. (Wouldn't want to be playing golf on that course with out glass insurance). Drones have brought this type of visuals into the front. What city are we at in this Vid Jeffin?
Reading some of the comments, I still suffer from nerves not being able to see Drone at distance, only relying on my compass to return. I haven't yet downloaded any updates or changed my settings for manual return to base or such, just rely on "lost signal - return to home" when out or range.

3 hours to render that? Jesus I have a similar computer except my 2600k i7 is highly over clocked. I am rendering 4k videos that length or longer in less then half that time. I use my 290X to help render with opencl. That might be the main difference.

Looks good! Can't wait to see how my new water cooled beast machine chews up and spits out the 4K from the P3. When I built it in Janurary it was consistantly ranked in the top 5 on the popular benchmark sites, also placed second on one just under some freak Xeon build.

I use a i5-3570k with a gtx 970 hackintosh for p2 4k go pro footage which works great. The main thing is IO only sequential read writes matter so get a bunch of ssds and raid 0 for maximum performance. Of course I would also have an external for archiving.

That is Sun City, it is a 55 or older community, its beautiful back there too
I thought I recognized it last time I was there was 10 years ago visiting but when you grow up in a place certain Things don't leave you

Last edited:
So I did the gimbal calibration and it did nothing. I held up something flat in front of it and it wasn't level. I messed with the roll gimbal settings and I got it straighten out but those settings are weird. I adjusted it to -. 03. Does anyone else have this problem?
Why do you need to hold something flat in front of it? I thought the calibration is done on flat surface.
I have not read the instructions yet, still waiting for my P3P.

Crap, forgot about my Computer also! It's a 3 year old iMac 27" I7 w/16Gb and the 3.4Ghz Sandy bridge Quad core. Guess I am going to finally going to have to put in that SSD, thanks for the link and the recommendation. Video looks awesome, just curious, that sudden gimbal flip from 90 to 180 and back at about 3:45, was that a test, a glitch, or the result of a editing cut?

Newbie here, what is SSD?! Just got my p3, do I need to get a new computer too?! - Currently have a Sony Vaio with Windows 7, CORE i5... guess thats no good!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4