First flight with Litchi today on Nexus 7 2nd Gen.

Reaction score
So, with the great disappointment of the DJI implementation of waypoints on my iPhone 6 Plus via DJI GO, I bought a Nexus 7 2nd Gen. at a low price and bought Litchi. It's amazing. First flight today I started without video and couldn't seem to get video going unless I ran DJI Go at least once upon fresh install. After that, video seemed to work fine. This is another reason why the HDMI board with goggles (I use Headplay HD's) is helpful. Even though the video link on my screen was gone, I still had a solid video through the goggles. The goggle video link seems to be completely independent of any tablet.

It took off by itself, auto-started video recording, flew the waypoints flawlessly, and then returned home. Couldn't be happier. At one point video signal strength dropped, but it didn't matter. It was flying itself, so I didn't need to worry. I'll probably fly like this from now on. Lets me focus on the camera and the scenery.

Even compared to the iPhone 6 Plus, the Nexus 7 was great. Very little lag. Didn't overheat. VERY bright screen even in direct sunlight. Possibly brighter than both iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Mini 2/3. I got the Nexus 7 for $120 slightly used. For anyone considering this setup, I recommend it. I ended up liking the Nexus so much I bought 2 more for my kids and I'm selling the 1 iPad Mini they fight over right now.

Make sure to get the 2nd Generation Nexus 7, if you get one!

I too flew using litchi early for the first time and also love it, once camera control is available it will be a solid 10 out of 10 rating from me, I flew a very long waypoint mission lost all signal and was sweating for about 5 minutes but sure enough it popped back into range and was heading back home with no problems.
Also it runs on my note 3 flawlessly, I was able to run Go app pretty good but would get overheating and moments of lag, with litchi i flew for 85 percent of a battery with no interruption and the note stayed cool.

Reactions: SENC and Javy871
The only thing I don't like about it is the on/off button.
It often takes a couple of attempts (and hold for 4 seconds)
If I was using it in the house it could just sleep on charger, but it's easy to leave it sleeping by accident and if apps are running it will be completely dead next day in your case.

I haven't had any power button trouble at all. I use an app that disables wifi at night from 10am-6pm. Last night I didn't charge the Nexus and woke up with it at 93%. Not bad.

So, with the great disappointment of the DJI implementation of waypoints on my iPhone 6 Plus via DJI GO, I bought a Nexus 7 2nd Gen. at a low price and bought Litchi. It's amazing. First flight today I started without video and couldn't seem to get video going unless I ran DJI Go at least once upon fresh install. After that, video seemed to work fine. This is another reason why the HDMI board with goggles (I use Headplay HD's) is helpful. Even though the video link on my screen was gone, I still had a solid video through the goggles. The goggle video link seems to be completely independent of any tablet.

It took off by itself, auto-started video recording, flew the waypoints flawlessly, and then returned home. Couldn't be happier. At one point video signal strength dropped, but it didn't matter. It was flying itself, so I didn't need to worry. I'll probably fly like this from now on. Lets me focus on the camera and the scenery.

Even compared to the iPhone 6 Plus, the Nexus 7 was great. Very little lag. Didn't overheat. VERY bright screen even in direct sunlight. Possibly brighter than both iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Mini 2/3. I got the Nexus 7 for $120 slightly used. For anyone considering this setup, I recommend it. I ended up liking the Nexus so much I bought 2 more for my kids and I'm selling the 1 iPad Mini they fight over right now.

Make sure to get the 2nd Generation Nexus 7, if you get one!

I'm curious, can you play with the Litchi software without connecting to the Phantom? Unlike the Go software that has to be connected?

I'm curious, can you play with the Litchi software without connecting to the Phantom? Unlike the Go software that has to be connected?

Yes you can. I set up all my routes sitting in bed and then flew them later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: louforgiveno
Yes you can. I set up all my routes sitting in bed and then flew them later.

Thanks, thats it then i'm off to the play store.

I'm gonna take a second though to mention that i've flown the new Go firmware maybe a dozen times and I really like the way they implemented the various new features POI, Waypoints ect, I think DJI did a great job! Never hurts to have other options though.

Uh. Yeah, but Litchi is better.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl