First flight with fstop-labs Alien Tech Amp/Battery Combo.

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to give www.fstop-labs.com, New Phantom Amp/Battery combo.
This was just a shake down run before i push it.
This test will be for penetration, mostly tree penetration. TML4191 is flying some distance runs.
Not my thing so much. I'm sure it will exceed the stock battery's distance.

Sorry for the long Video, I did clip out a few spots were i hovered while playing with HD Video settings.

Antenna base looks awful small for natural terrain use, I would think a tripod would be more useful to keep them upright.

Antenna base looks awful small for natural terrain use, I would think a tripod would be more useful to keep them upright.
Those are L Com Magnetic bases. I drove it there with them on.
I have a more elaborate set up with high end amps. Lmr_400 and all the goodies..
Was giving something way more portable a test. That little Alien Guy performed very well. Tree's are no cake walk :)
Thanks for the suggestion. I am always trying something new.

Last edited:
The more i think about it Slackware, i like that idea. A simple tri pod, all set up and ready to hook to the Controller.
Though they are secure, they are also at an angle. That's probably not the best antenna set up.

I really like this set up. I've been looking for a range extender, not longer runs but hopefully less issues with low signal. Price isnt bad neither

coming from mars

Reactions: Turbomania
Sorry to let this Thread die, Winter in Michigan = not much flying.
Will be testing this again soon.

Woohh...lol, just re watched my Video, An FPV beginner for sure. man I was slow thru the woods.

Turbo

Last edited:
Reactions: Droneted
It didn't far so well in distance testing... will post up my runs soon.

Turbo

Any update on this? I bought the kit a while ago, not necessarily for distance but more for an overall stronger signal.

I haven't installed yet and am wondering if it's worth the effort.

-Bob

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4