Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FIRST FLIGHT VIDEO

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by lotusman, Feb 18, 2014.

1. lotusman

Got introduced to this hobby over Christmas when someone bought me an AR drone as a gift, what a piece of junk! Anyway, I got a P2 and here is a video of my first flight, I'm hooked!

Only issue is I need to find a go pro mount for the P2 to eliminate the Jello and also eliminate the heavy gopro case (a dumb mount, not a gimbal)

Also my long range video tx/rx setup is not working as avdertised, I only get 400 meters before video poops out:
    black pearl diversity
    spironets
    spironet patch
    immersion 600mw tx

http://youtu.be/idp7157kzU0

2. goldfishrock

You shouldn't be flying over a highway like that... particularly when it was your first flight :shock:

3. pault

Several roads ! The issue is that if your P2 crashed into the road it could easily cause a driver to brake suddenly and cause a pile up. Definitely worth keeping in mind for the future :)

4. Shrimpfarmer

Sorry Lotusman but your not going to get any love for flying like that on your first flight. Forget improving the video for the moment and concentrate on mastering safe flight.

5. lotusman

:lol: I don't love you either, so that makes two of us...forget judging other people and concentrate on mastering your own destiny. How about that?

6. goldfishrock

We were just trying to offer some advice but hey, if you want to play it that way go right ahead, carry on flying like a muppet and don't bother coming back when it all goes wrong.

7. goldfishrock

Hahahaha.... I certainly wasn't implying he was purple with orange hair.... but I'll stick to the UK reference all the same :shock:
    Oh, and the bad dental hygene... that's down to mismanagement of the UKs health service by a bunch of Muppets :lol: