First flight video

Reaction score
Was able to finally get the P3S out and do a little flying. I'm impressed by how stable the camera is even with my erratic newbie flying technique. I'm using whatever firmware was on when I got it and using an iPad Mini 3 for the DJIGO app. It says there is an update available but I just skip past it for now. Every other time I have tried to take it out it was too windy, and other time when I had the time the weather was bad so I was happy to finally get a little air time. I do need to get a screen shield for the iPad though..very hard to see in the sunlight.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great job on the video!

You're braver than I was when I first got my phantom. I didn't fly over trees for a month, lol. I see a long range test in your very near future.

You're braver than I was when I first got my phantom. I didn't fly over trees for a month, lol. I see a long range test in your very near future.

I think I am going to be pretty much a line of sight flyer. As tempting as long range flying is it will be a while before I ever try it.

The new place we just bought (in the video) is 3 acres and I have flown it twice now. I'm just hoping the neighbors (who I have not met yet) don't think I am spying on them, lol

But I'm really impressed by how smooth the camera is. I need to check the settings/calibration on the gimble wheel because it did not operate smoothly and there were times when I wanted to nudge the camera up and it went down, or it went up or down two fast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers