First Flight -- Success !!

Mandrake said:
So here I am again - Flight 2 / Day 2 ... This thing ROCKS.. literally !! 20 Km/h Northerly blowing - Takeoff was a bit of a leanover onto the prop guards and up up and away ... But she managed to stay GPS'd and all was well until the batteries in the controller failed "beep beep beep" and shut-down ... I watched as she rose to 20 metres and battled the wind back to above my head and started down wobbling like crazy battling the wind -- Perfect landing - better than I could do !! So I guess "failsafe" works !!
My chinese go-pro copy has failed the wifi test and has to be returned to China - they agreed to send out one that has been
tested to connect to an Android phone so hopefully that will be good .. Meantime I'm collecting parts from all over ...
Got my P2Vision blades today and they fit with about 10mm to spare on the standard prop guards .. I do have P2V guards coming
- Those big blades seem a bit more flexible ?? So I hope they won't bend onto the body or prop guards ..
Also managed to calibrate the controller ... So I'm getting closer to realtime video taking ...
Sorry if this is boring old hat to you guys but its really exciting having something I always wanted as a kid and could never afford AND having a video camera is unreal !! My Canon 6D is going to gather a bit of dust in the next few weeks but that's OK as we are going outback from mid June to August so will take some desert and rocky photos with some Phantom Vids .. Yeehaaa can't wait ..
If you get this far - I'm also looking for some handtools - hex screwdrivers - I've seen them in the Videos but can't seem to find them on E-bay or at local hardware - Anyone got a set can tell me where to get them from please as I don't like Allen keys ..
Cheers
Mandrake
i just got one too they are definitely sweet you are gonna have to go fpv to really blow your socks off

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31