First flight ready...almost

Reaction score
Brand new owner with zero experience here...please excuse the dumb question..I just got my vision2 v3.
I charged all the batteries, and wanted to test everything..before I flew for the first time.
Turned on tx , range extender, then the vision. Connected wifi, and got 11 satellites indoors! Fpv worked great, new dial for camera is smooth, all blue ites on right side of my smart phone screen. I can see the camera is working correct, good levels on batteries.....the bird gives me quick flashing green lites and then slow green flashes...I power it up....no props(; and everything is great....except after 8 seconds the info on the right side of screen disappears. I get a full screen with camera view, but where the heck did all those pretty blue lites go(; . . ? If I tap the smart phone screen, they reappear for 8 seconds and ...disappear again. I am connected to the vision just fine, and i never lose the camera view.but I lose the telemetry...what did I do wrong? Thanks so much...I'm sure it's a problem with me...just kinda freaked out.

I'd like to add before you begin that I find it best to launch at full throttle up to at least 20+feet.

Thanks guys..ya..I went into settings and the first thing I saw was the check mark...clicked it off and good to go...duh
I have NEVER even seen a drone, have never flown one, and have no idea what Im doing,
If I don't post an update, it means I crashed it in the ocean, and I'm in the bar, trying to figure out what to tell my wife<;

Stay away from the ocean and get ready to get have fun watching your video after each flight. Don't forget to shut down the camera power after landing and before everything else 1st.

SSR99 said:
have no idea what Im doing
In that case, stop now. Go read the DJI manual. Read this manual too. Don't attempt to fly until you understand everything in both manuals.

msinger said:
SSR99 said:
have no idea what Im doing
In that case, stop now. Go read the DJI manual. Read this manual too. Don't attempt to fly until you understand everything in both manuals.

+1

Most of us who have been here a while will tell you that crashes are reported by new flyers who haven't really read the manual. You must understand this thing BEFORE you fly it. Otherwise, you will only learn from the school of hard crashes and broken gimbals, or worse, lost drones...

This is a great forum, but it's not a replacement for reading the manual. It only takes a few hours to digest it. Read it while you charge your batteries ;)

Best of luck, and show us some videos when you get them.

Ive read the manual a couple of times, and downloaded re read the ultimate user guide someone has compiled...

I have a good "book" understanding...just beed some flying time..<;

Then you are set for first flight.
The Phantom is easier to fly than you imagine.
Just make sure you start in a large open area with no trees or obstacles like buildings - these are your number one enemy.
Get up 50 feet or so - the ground is an obstacle too.
Don't get too adventurous too early - your goal is to get a feel for how everything works.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic