First flight - questions

Have you balanced your props? Don't know if that's the issue, but there is another thread in the P3P group titled "Wobbly Video" that looks a lot like your video. Some folks there say they had the same issue and it was fixed be balancing their props.

Wobbly Video

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Have you balanced your props? Don't know if that's the issue, but there is another thread in the P3P group titled "Wobbly Video" that looks a lot like your video. Some folks there say they had the same issue and it was fixed be balancing their props.

Wobbly Video

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's great. No, I haven't balanced my props, I'll look into it. Thank you very much :)

Update:

I have balanced the props and taken it out on a couple of flights. The 'Jello' effect hasn't reduced at all.

I guess I am going to have to contact DJI :(

A common cause for jello effect is when the top of the gimbal arm is In contact with the bottom of the platform it is attached to. This is often the case following a crash. If a crash is ruled out, it may need to be adjusted by losing the setscrew that secures it to the motor shaft and create some space between the arm and the cover plate, then secure it in place with the same setscrew. A simple test for this would be to check the clearance with a shim made from a single width or folded paper. You should be able to place the shim between the two and have free movement in a power off state. Any drag on the paper would suggest that the tolerance is too small. Kind of like setting the points on an old engine, only a much smaller gap. Another simple test is to remove the cover and test for effect. To be safe, you may want to place a small amount of tape on the now exposed electronics. Be sure to replace the cover after the test, it does protect the circuits from that impacting that arm.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31