Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

First Flight - PC Ground Station Question

Discussion in 'DJI Ground Station' started by tebowner, May 19, 2014.

1. tebowner

First successful PC GS flight w/ P2

Few quick questions :

>> I dont see where to control the orientation of the P2 - I want to plan out the path of the video and want to position the P2 during its flight.

>> when P2 gets to a waypoint I want to not only hold for a # of seconds but move the P2 orientation around to video that location before it moves on.

>> can the 3D gimbal be controlled in the flight plan to handle panning up down of the cam

>> can meters be changed to feet? also can this be done on my iOSD overlay (meters to feet)?

>> does anyone have a suggestion on a good way to power the 2.4 datalink for the iPad - battery?

2. Diesel31

see my responses below. if i misinterpreted anything, please let me know and let's discuss...

It's rated to use up to a 6s lipo, but I couldn't see why. I have a bunch of old Phantom 1 lipos and use that.

3. tebowner

thx for responding!

so i think you are saying.... you can program the direction the P2 points the camera once it gets to the waypoint position BUT you cannot say " spin slowly " or after 5 secs move camera to this position at the same waypoint. you are also saying in-flight the camera is always forward

I dont see where to set a P2 orientation on PC GS

I also dont see where to change mini-iOSD to feet or change GS to feet

4. Diesel31

GS is pretty awesome, but it does lack some features, namely the ones that you were hoping would be available. I think the future firmware updates will allow for some of the stuff that we want. For example, I think it's definitely within their possibility to program a strafe feature, ie. fly in one direction while the camera is pointed in another direction.

5. tebowner

The mini-iOSD is putting the layer over the FPV monitor - trying to actually change that to be in feet

6. OI Photography

Not possible, unfortunately

7. DocSteveMaxi

Anyone have any comments about airport restrictions. I live near an airport and the 2.4 datalink will not let you fly waypoints at all. Maybe its different with the 900 LK?