First flight out of beginner mode!

Reaction score
A week and a half ago, I didn't know anything about flying drones and editing video! I have a lot to learn, and I'm enjoying every bit of it!
Still not able to use my iPad mini and had to use my phone for this video. I can see how useful an iPad is for the larger screen. My panning was a little too quick and with the larger screen I would have been able to see it. Know I know! I'm new and welcome any advise to make the quality of my videos better, all criticism is welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It says your video is private, if you want to share you'll have to change your YouTube privacy settings.

Reactions: Mark C.
Ok, changed to public, thanks Cale262

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right, you have much to learn...LOL! I understand your enthusiasm, I was the same way when I first started to fly and saw the potential. I would suggest to watch everything you can find on Youtube as far as instructional videos for the Phantom.

Here is a new link, I hope it works this time!

Reactions: ftttu
All good to me there Mark ,I'm a few weeks behind you ,getting the bird soon.Tell me were you worried that being your first real flight? Was it better than you thought it would be? And was it hard to download the video and put music to it well done ...... Tred (Australia)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

All good to me there Mark ,I'm a few weeks behind you ,getting the bird soon.Tell me were you worried that being your first real flight? Was it better than you thought it would be? And was it hard to download the video and put music to it well done ...... Tred (Australia)

I had a fear that something might go wrong, so I kept it with in visual range. I used my iPhone 6S to take the still shots and a video on the ground. I used iMovie for the video editing. Found some great tutorials on YouTube. There will be more from me, as I have a lot of trips planned on my bike. There are a lot of old covered bridges and waterfalls here in New Hampshire as well as Lighthouses along the coast. I'm very excited to get lots of great footage and make videos.

Look forward to seeing your travels there Mark and happy flying mate.....Tred

Nice place! Only advise I have is passed from others. Try to keep vids 3 minutes or under. People lose interest if longer. And if it's repetitious of the same scene, even shorter. Think of ways to add "tense" moments in your vids. Like, start close or just beyond an object and fly backwards to reveal it and then fly upwards panning the camera down still pointed at the object, then in post, reverse the footage to play backwards and speed it up some. It'll be a tense moment that appears your going to almost crash into it then it just ends up flying right over top, or under the object. Great to mix in low flying pass's too. Height isn't everything. That's just a tip of great suggestions I've seen.
Glad you're here and get to enjoy what we do! Welcome! I'm not seasoned as many members here but hit this forum daily. You can learn more here than anywhere!
Happy flying!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl