FIRST FLIGHT on NEW PHANTOM 2

Reaction score
Hi All,
After some amazing advice from all of you on this board, I have finally bought a Phantom 2. I am just doing the final checks and then will take it out for a small maiden voyage! Thanks to everyone who helped me on this board!!!!
I will post results soon!!

I have been flying this thing all day and am so excited about IT.

In all my excitement I went out for my first flight with the gimbal and gopro attached- which was silly. Not having flown before, I thought I could gently lift off but it tipped and I smashed straight into the ground. The next lift off was ok, but midflight something dropped and I realised that the top off a plastic screw that holds the gimbal together had fallen off- obviously shaken loose due to crash. No idea where it went but thank god they give you a spare.

The rest of the day (after taking off the gimbal) was just slowly getting used to the controls and practicing landing and only a few bumpy/crash landings which are now gone now that I understand the better ways of landing etc. I loved it! I am so happy I bought it because I am in the country for the next week and thus practicing and getting used to it will be awesome.

Can't wait to get some FPV on it and really start learning the ins and outs! Thanks to all once again!

It's pretty common for those plastic screws for the gimbal to fall out, they're not well engineered. Alot of guys are replacing them with loosely fitted zip/wire ties.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20