First flight, no crash and burn

Reaction score
Well finally got all the updated done. I forgot to install that driver program and couldn't figure out why I was unable to get the programs to work...lol. Downloaded that and all went well for a while. Next problem I had was trying to run that advance set up in the tools area for calibration. Upstairs in my man cave I was unable to get it to do a complete calibration. So I lugged the laptop and everything outside and all went well. I had the camera on and tried the I phone and that is a nice feature. Went back inside and removed the camera and installed the blade guards and props. Now I was set up for the first flight. Some of the videos you guys recommended stated for beginners it might be wise to remove the camera so I did. Kinda sucks you have to cut them clips off but it came with extras. The videos said try the four point test run. I played with that for a while and let it go down the street and did that a few times. I was worried about landing it but that was easier than I thought it would be. What made everything fall into place was all the help I got from you guys so I would like to take the time and say a BIG THANK YOU , it made everything go smooth for this old fart.

I wanna hook the camera back up but for now I want to get to a point that I feel like I have full control. Right now I am still learning the GPS, landing, take off and just plain flying without banging anything.

Well finally got all the updated done. I forgot to install that driver program and couldn't figure out why I was unable to get the programs to work...lol. Downloaded that and all went well for a while. Next problem I had was trying to run that advance set up in the tools area for calibration. Upstairs in my man cave I was unable to get it to do a complete calibration. So I lugged the laptop and everything outside and all went well. I had the camera on and tried the I phone and that is a nice feature. Went back inside and removed the camera and installed the blade guards and props. Now I was set up for the first flight. Some of the videos you guys recommended stated for beginners it might be wise to remove the camera so I did. Kinda sucks you have to cut them clips off but it came with extras. The videos said try the four point test run. I played with that for a while and let it go down the street and did that a few times. I was worried about landing it but that was easier than I thought it would be. What made everything fall into place was all the help I got from you guys so I would like to take the time and say a BIG THANK YOU , it made everything go smooth for this old fart.

You don't have to cut the clips off if your talking about the Phantom 2 Vision. The rubber "shock absorbers". Just pull the camera loose. It's a pain to get it remounted but work on them with a small flat blade jewelers type screwdriver until you get them fully seated. Doesn't matter which side you pop loose. It just takes a little patience. I've had my camera on and off three times. Don't cut them. That's a waste.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic