first flight - no camera image

Reaction score
I unpacked the new P3P yesterday and watched a million videos and read thru the manual and everything was working well. It was after dark, so I did a quick calibration and take off and land to make sure camera, calibration, motors, controls working right and everything was A1, includiing camera.

But this morning, after arriving at a field for a first flight, in my eagerness to get my P3P in the air with a storm coming soon, I forgot to remove the camera lock and powered it up. I quickly realized my mistake, removed it and went on through calibration and was just about to get ready to flash the rotors when I looked down and only saw a white screen on the tablet where the camera image should be. Everything else about GO software and bird worked fine so I did a short, close low altitude flight to check the modes working properly with line of sight- and it flies brilliantly! So much more robust than the P2!

Gimbal seems to be doing its thing properly with full motion and tracking, 'just' no camera image.

So am I hooped and have to send it back to DJI, or is there anything I can try to undo whatever the problem is. Any ideas appreciated!

Last edited:
Well that was a good scare, and a happy ending. Disregard my first post. At the end of hours of orientation, in a low light room I'd put the camera settings into manual and had opened up the aperture settings all the way and forgot to reset them, so this morning's early morning flight in bright sunshine yielded a white screen!

Apologies for a stupid mistake and resulting post! All good now...

I unpacked the new P3P yesterday and watched a million videos and read thru the manual and everything was working well. It was after dark, so I did a quick calibration and take off and land to make sure camera, calibration, motors, controls working right and everything was A1, includiing camera.

But this morning, after arriving at a field for a first flight, in my eagerness to get my P3P in the air with a storm coming soon, I forgot to remove the camera lock and powered it up. I quickly realized my mistake, removed it and went on through calibration and was just about to get ready to flash the rotors when I looked down and only saw a white screen on the tablet where the camera image should be. Everything else about GO software and bird worked fine so I did a short, close low altitude flight to check the modes working properly with line of sight- and it flies brilliantly! So much more robust than the P2!

Gimbal seems to be doing its thing properly with full motion and tracking, 'just' no camera image.

So am I hooped and have to send it back to DJI, or is there anything I can try to undo whatever the problem is. Any ideas appreciated!
I have the same problem. Was setting up to fly this morning and didn't notice camera motion was impeded on start up. Now, no video feed. Any suggestions?

Turns out mine did no damage- I'd set the camera to manual mode and cranked open the aperture late last night indoors and forgot to set it back to auto.

So this morning in full sunshine the camera image was just white. As soon as I camera back to auto everything was fine.

This obviously doesn't help you and I'm sorry I don't have an explanation. I did find some Vision posts saying they powered their birds with the gimbal lock for that machine still on and didn't do damage, so hopefully it's a software reset that will put you right. Here's hoping. Good luck!!

Well that was a good scare, and a happy ending. Disregard my first post. At the end of hours of orientation, in a low light room I'd put the camera settings into manual and had opened up the aperture settings all the way and forgot to reset them, so this morning's early morning flight in bright sunshine yielded a white screen!
Just a minor detail but in case you go looking for your aperture settings again .... there are none.
The lens is stuck on f2.8.

I have done this several times -- no harm-- still works well
Necessary Accessory:D
IMG_0144.JPG

Reactions: scottoftheforest
Just a minor detail but in case you go looking for your aperture settings again .... there are none.
The lens is stuck on f2.8.

You are absolutely right. Now that you say that, I do remember reading a discussion about camera settings here the other day (not great terminology retention on my part obviously). Every day's an education.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues