First flight impressions

Reaction score
I received my P2v+ yesterday and today was my first take off. After all the calibrations, charging and firmware updates I took it outside and started the take off procedures. The motors were running and I finally decided to give it a full throttle up. I pushed my left stick up and nothing happens. "It must be that I left the controller in mode 2 somehow.."- I thought and pushed the right stick up. Voala! It's hovering 4 metres above me. I waited few seconds for a HL and started moving it around. This thing is so easy to pilot! Everything is working flawlessly (this time it did, at least), GPS, Course lock, Home lock, Atti and Failsafe. After all the YouTube videos and various instructions, manuals and posts on this forum I felt a little afraid to fly it, but at the same time I've read it all and felt prepared. I decided to start it in Naza mode and I'm glad I did. After few minutes of flying around I tried every possible s1 and s2 mode and it all went as expected. Great response, stable hovering in GPS mode, light cruising on the wind in atti mode, course lock and home lock are great to use when the bird is far and failsafe takes it back home. Flying this thing is a joy! Even fpv booster app works great! I've lost my control signal around 900 metres, but still had stable fpv! Anyhow, my initial impressions about P2v+ is - I love it!

My only complaint after a first flight would be about narrow spaced landing gears. It is to easy to flip over right after landing if the surface isn't perfectly flat. Should be a bit wider. (I know there are bigger landing gear out there on eBay but I promised my wife I won't be upgrading anything on it until some time). :mrgreen:

Small advice for the starters: switch to Naza mode from the start! But also write down all the controller functions on small stickers and stick them next to the switches s1 and s2. Also note down a list of priorities before take off and stick it on the controller as well. I made my own which are about the same as these and they were very helpful: http://www.uavstickers.com/phantom-identity-set.php

Congratulations! Good advice for new pilots, too. :D
Most of us hand catch on landing. It's fun and much safer for the bird. Have fun!

Your discontent of the narrow gear may fade with a few flights, I tipped over on my left side twice the first two take off's rushing the landing but after you settle down you can bring it to a very low hover, 2" ish for me and let the gps stabilize it a few seconds to a fixed point and then it will sit down stable without trying to pull to one side. I was like everyone else with a brand new expensive toy in the air and to anxious to let it calm down into that low hover and let me do it right. " Patience Grass Hopper " I guess I would still like the more stable gear for less than level spots but don't want to cut up my new case to make them fit into the cutouts.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic