First flight fly away....P3A crash...

Reaction score
Don't know what happened.. In beginners mode hovering about 50' then the thing just took off... Watched a weeks worth of how to videos before it got here to make sure I knew what I was doing. Made sure it was calibrated everything seem liked normal. I'm sick

I hope you can get something from your dealer.
It does not make any sense !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did you check firmware update?

Yeah I got it. Lurked around here enough the last week to know I need to start pulling the flight data off

Yeah I got it. Lurked around here enough the last week to know I need to start pulling the flight data off
... and provide significantly greater details about the situation... play-by-play, images, video, firmware versions, etc.:D

Reactions: rkingsb353
Can you upload the flight log from your mobile device to healthydrones.com and post the link to that flight? They have instructions on there website.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just a quick glance and initial feedback. It looks like you were powered up on the ground for 3 or 4 minutes, and then took off in ATTI mode so you had to manually control drift. You then flew away from your house and headed directly for that wall of power lines across the street from you. Then you veered right potentially in a panic to avoid the power lines.

Does that sound plausible? Again, just a quick glance.

How did you get it back? Is it okay or did it crash?

Last edited:
the flight path is correct. I didn't put it in ATTI was using beginners mode which keeps it in GPS ATTI. Look on General/notifications

A 03m 47s 0.0 ft 0 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
B 03m 49s 0.0 ft 0 ft Mode Mode changed to AutoTakeoff
C 03m 49s 0.0 ft 0 ft Tip Tips__Taking Off
D 03m 52s 3.0 ft 1 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti

Don't know what happened.. In beginners mode hovering about 50' then the thing just took off... Watched a weeks worth of how to videos before it got here to make sure I knew what I was doing. Made sure it was calibrated everything seem liked normal. I'm sick

What i dont get is that, in these situations, where it was very close to the RC so definitely had a signal. So why cant the aircraft be manually controlled via the RC during these fly away situations?
Did you try to trigger return to home? i would think that the aircraft would stay in range for at least a mile before it really flies away
Hell if i ever ran into this problem and saw no way of controlling it...i would freakin do a CSC to kill the motors...

What i dont get is that, in these situations, where it was very close to the RC so definitely had a signal. So why cant the aircraft be manually controlled via the RC during these fly away situations?
Did you try to trigger return to home? i would think that the aircraft would stay in range for at least a mile before it really flies away
Hell if i ever ran into this problem and saw no way of controlling it...i would freakin do a CSC to kill the motors...

it happened so fast and it went out of control so quickly a return to home probably wouldn't have done anything. I'll see i've got the video of it

Reactions: Rdbenther65

I didn't but in ATTI mode. Flying in beginners mode forces GPS ATI

It says GPS_Atti which is P - full GPS.
Gotcha. I was misunderstanding the notifications. Thanks for correcting me.

Here are videos

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

it happened so fast and it went out of control so quickly a return to home probably wouldn't have done anything. I'll see i've got the video of it
How close did you get to that wall of power lines across the street? It looks like you were flying very close/parallel to them for a while.
What condition is the P3 now? Did it crash or were you able to land it?

Here are videos

Did you split up these two videos and remove a few seconds?

In your first video you can see the very faint line of the top single powerline, and I think you may of touched it.

In any case, as a novice (or even if your someone with 1000 hours of flight experience); you should have been nowhere near those powerlines

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers