First flight... Finally!

Reaction score
Well boys I finally had my first shot at this fine aircraft.

I am very satisfied, I've flown RC airplanes and the AR Drone before so this was way easier but also way more capable, plenty of power on the motors and flies very stable. I am a little bit scared after seeing all the fly aways and stuff so I only went up at about 70ft and did the usual fly around for all 2 batteries I had while i get myself more familiar with this bird.

One of my favorite features is the GPS lock, I went up and forgot about the bird while I was playing around with the app, it really works as advertised and allowed me to enjoy the fun part while the thing was flying by itself.

I have only 1 complaint for DJI... The radio controller needs to be disassambled to update? Really?

I ordered my P2V last Monday and was hoping to get the version with the usb on the back, but didn't. If you design a transmitter that needs to be opened to connect a cable at least make it easy to open and put back together, they do not even leave enough wiring for us to open the thing easy, i mean I had to be really careful because wires are so tight, it is like opening a timing bomb! I think for the price they could have deigned a better and easier way to update these transmitters.

Again, not a show stopper for me but something I think dii should fix.

Once again, thanks a lot for your help and expertise!

Happy new Year!

Congratulations! FYI you don't have to take the controller completely part... If you remove the four screws and spread the two halves starting at the bottom, you can slide the microUSB cable in from one side and get it plugged it into the board. And if its any consolation I don't think anyone has received a TX/Controller with externally mounted USB to date. Not even sure how that all got started, possibly a leaked design photo of a future controller for the Phantom-1 or Phantom Vision.

iDrone

iDrone said:
Congratulations! FYI you don't have to take the controller completely part... If you remove the four screws and spread the two halves starting at the bottom, you can slide the microUSB cable in from one side and get it plugged it into the board. And if its any consolation I don't think anyone has received a TX/Controller with externally mounted USB to date. Not even sure how that all got started, possibly a leaked design photo of a future controller for the Phantom-1 or Phantom Vision.

iDrone

Thats a great idea! I will do that next time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl